Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to write a Boolean variable which succeed and failed inside the if loop in shell script ? Post 303040725 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 5th of November 2019 03:50:44 PM
Old 11-05-2019
The correct syntax would be something something like this, using arithmetic evaluation:
Code:
if (( dm > 0 || cl == 100 || ad == 0 || me > 8 || cp > 0 )); then

or if you want to use the test utility, the syntax would be like this:
Code:
if [ "${dm}" -gt 0 ] || [ "${cl}" -eq 100 ] || [ "${ad}" -eq 0 ] || [ "${me}" -gt 8 ] || [ "${cp}" -gt 0 ]; then

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing a number with random variable inside shell script

Hi All. I need help for the below logic. I ve a file like following input file: NopTX(5) // should be remain same as input ----Nop(@100); //1 Nop(90); //2 --Nop(80); //3 @Nop(70); //4 --@Nop(60); //5 @Nop@(@50); //6 --Nop@( 40); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing value of a variable inside a shell script

I have a continous polling happening inside a shell script on AIX. This actually calls a PL/SQL block. Is there a way I can set up a variable or pass an interrupt to end the script gracefully. I cant read from the config once the job starts running. Ideally I should change value of a variable and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshyju
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable inside variable inside loop headache

Hi Gurus I have a file called /tmp/CMDB which looks like this serial: 0623AN1208 hostname: server1 model: x4100 assetID: 1234 I am writing a for loop that will go through this file line by line creating a variable of itself. Using the first iteration of the loop (i.e. the first line) as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scope of a Variable inside shell script

hi all, i'm using the following script, Status=1 Function_do () { while read line; do if ; then #echo $line if ; then Status=0 echo " LINKINK ERROR " fi fi done < ldd.log } Function_do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give a variable output name in a shell script inside a for loop

Hi all I run my program prog.c in the following way : $ ./prog 1 > output.txt where 1 is a user defined initial value used by the program. But now I want to run it for many a thousand initial values, 1-1000, and store all the outputs in different files. Like $ ./prog 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alice06
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in running while loop inside a shell script

I have an input file at ./$1.txt with content of seq numbers like : 1234567890 1234589700 . . so on.. I need to take each seq nbr from the input file ,run the query below: select ackname,seqnbr from event where event_text like '%seqnbr( from the input file)' and redirect the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write a while loop inside for loop?

I'm taking a unix class and need to countdown to 0 from whatever number the user inputs. I know how to do this with a while or until loop but using the for loop is throwing me off.... I know I can use an if-then statement in my for loop but can I include a while loop in my for loop? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxhieixx
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Variable and awk inside for loop

Thanks all for taking time out and reading this thread and big Thanks to all who have come forward for rescue. Background: I have a variable "nbrofcols" that has number of columns from a data file. Now, using this count in for loop, I am trying to get the maximum length of each column present... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: svks1985
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Variable inside while loop got reset

hi, I am using hp unix server and not getting variable output present inside the while loop. I have tried changing the code and need to verify whether it is proper practice of code. I am expecting the output of varible RUN_FILE 3 to TRUE which i get inside the while loop. RUN_FILE 1=TRUE... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamsoft
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script use two variable in for loop

I want to create a shell script to add a user and modify its comment field mentioned in a file. 1. File value:- username comment field value xyz123 xyztesting abc123 abctesting def123 deftesting 2. i am using below loop to create user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anil
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)