Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rename file using partial match to another Post 303040684 by cmccabe on Monday 4th of November 2019 08:36:29 AM
Old 11-04-2019
Thank you for all your help, works perfect Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk partial match and filter records

Hi, I am having file which contains around 15 columns, i need to fetch column 3,12,14 based on the condition that column 3 starts with 40464 this is the sample data how to achieve that (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep returns partial matches, I need to get an exact match or nothing

I’m trying to modify someone perl script to fix a bug. The piece of code checks that the zone name you want to add is unique. However, when the code runs, it finds a partial match using grep, and decides it already exists, so the “create” command exits. $cstatus = `${ZADM} list -vic | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partial match in two files then substitute

Hi, I was trying to figure this out but failed so I hope someone here can help me, thank you in advance. I have two files. file1: aa M bb N cc O dd P ee Q file2: aa A_87_P254063 cc A_87_P016532 bb A_87_P104793 dd A_87_P055331 ee A_87_P059706 aa A_87_P071636 ee A_87_P028302... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuejian
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to substitute for the partial match?

Hi I have a question and hope I can get answer here. Thank you in advance. I have two files: file1: aa X bb Y cc Z file2: cc A bb B dd C aa D bb E If the 1st column match in both file1 and file2, the 2nd column in file2 will be replaced by the 2nd column in file1. If there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuejian
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match partial text

I posted the incorrect files yesterday and apologize. I also modified the awk script but with no luck. There are two text files in the zip (name.txt and output.txt). I am trying to match $2 in name.txt with $1 in output.txt and if they match then $1 of name.txt is copied to $7 of output.txt. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename specific file extension in directory with match to another file in bash

I have a specific set (all ending with .bam) of downloaded files in a directory /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/2-15-2016. What I am trying to do is use a match to $2 in name to rename the downloaded files. To make things a more involved the date of the folder is unique and in the header of name... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files to match file list pattern

Hi All, I have 100 folders with the first delimiter has a unique name i.e (123_hello and 575_hello) and each folder have atlist 1000 plus files with naming convention i.e (575_hello_1.iso ... 575_hello_1000.iso). 575_hello/575_hello_1.iso 575_hello/575_hello_2.iso 575_hello/575_hello_3.iso... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial Match and Replace

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file like this one. I need to do a partial match of a particular cell and then replace matches with an empty cell. So here is a sample: Smith FordMustang ChevroletCamaro Miller FordFiesta Jones KiaSorrento Davis ChevroletCamaro Johnson ToyotaHighlander I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to rename portion of file using match to another

In the portion of bash below I am using rename to match the $id variable to $file and when a match (there will alwsys be one) is found then the $id is removed from each bam and bam.bai in $file and _test is added to thee file name before the extension. Each of the variables is set correctly but... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
NBPERF(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 NBPERF(1)

NAME
nbperf -- compute a perfect hash function SYNOPSIS
nbperf [-ps] [-a algorithm] [-c utilisation] [-h hash] [-i iterations] [-m map-file] [-n name] [-o output] [input] DESCRIPTION
nbperf reads a number of keys one per line from standard input or input. It computes a minimal perfect hash function and writes it to stdout or output. The default algorithm is "chm". The -m argument instructs nbperf to write the resulting key mapping to map-file. Each line gives the result of the hash function for the corresponding input key. The parameter utilisation determines the space efficiency. Supported arguments for -a: chm This results in an order preserving minimal perfect hash function. The utilisation must be at least 2, the default. The number of iterations needed grows if the utilisation is very near to 2. chm3 Similar to chm. The resulting hash function needs three instead of two table lookups when compared to chm. The utilisation must be at least 1.24, the default. This makes the output for chm3 noticable smaller than the output for chm. bpz This results in a non-order preserving minimal perfect hash function. Output size is approximately 2.79 bit per key for the default value of utilisation, 1.24. This is also the smallest supported value. Supported arguments for -h: mi_vector_hash Platform-independent version of Jenkins parallel hash. See mi_vector_hash(3). The number of iterations can be limited with -i. nbperf outputs a function matching uint32_t hash(const void * restrict, size_t) to stdout. The function expects the key length as second argument, for strings not including the terminating NUL. It is the responsibility of the call- er to pass in only valid keys or compare the resulting index to the key. The function name can be changed using -n name. If the -s flag is specified, it will be static. After each failing iteration, a dot is written to stderr. nbperf checks for duplicate keys on the first iteration that passed basic hash distribution tests. In that case, an error message is printed and the program terminates. If the -p flag is specified, the hash function is seeded in a stable way. This may take longer than the normal random seed, but ensures that the output is the same for repeated invocations as long as the input is constant. EXIT STATUS
The nbperf utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
mi_vector_hash(3) AUTHORS
Jorg Sonnenberger BSD
September 25, 2012 BSD