Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Format specifier for sscanf() in C Post 303040683 by MadeInGermany on Monday 4th of November 2019 06:43:32 AM
Old 11-04-2019
For me it works: the red phrases land in the blue variables.
But there can be trailing spaces in name because %[^:] matches up to the :
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sscanf function is failing

Please delete this thread. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
0 Replies

2. Programming

sscanf !!

I have a string Form this string, I want to extract I am unable to do that with sscanf because of the space between the words. What else can I use? #include <stdio.h> char buf_2; int main() { char *buf_1 = "\\\\?\\whats going on"; sscanf(buf_1,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printf formatting using string format specifier.

Hi all, My simple AWK code does C = A - B If C can be a negative number, how awk printf formating handles it using string format specifier. Thanks in advance Kanu :confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
9 Replies

4. Programming

help with sscanf()!

Hi everybody, i need help with this function, i'm programming in CGI with C and i can't make this work. QUERY_STRING is something like: user=MYUSER&pass=MYPASS So, what i want is to store the strings containing the username and the password into str1 and str2 respetively, here's the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

5. Programming

help with sscanf

I need to match a float inside a very long string (about 5000 chars) with sscanf. (I trimmed the string in this example.) I can't seem to match all the chars that come before and after the float. int main(void) { char A = ""; strcat(A, " hello world! WORD' name='5.3498' hello world! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: limmer
1 Replies

6. Programming

Help with sscanf

sscanf does not stop at the first "&". How can I extract "doe" ? char A = "name=john&last=doe&job=vacant&"; char B = "last"; char C = ""; char *POINTER = strstr(A, B); sscanf(POINTER + strlen(B), "=%s%*", C); printf("%s\n", C); // doe&job=vacant& (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
2 Replies

7. Programming

using sscanf

How can I separetely extract the string and int after "dribble" ? (sscanf must limit TEXT to 9 chars to avoid buffer overflows.) How come this code does not work with "dribbletext08" but does with "dribbletext05" ? int main(void) { char TEXT = ""; int NUMBER = 0; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

9. Programming

sscanf() weired behaviour

Hi with the following code int a, b; while ((n = readline (connfd, buf, sizeof(buf)-1)) > 0) { buf = '\0'; if (sscanf(buf,"%d %d",&a,&b) != 2) snprintf (buf, sizeof(buf), "data error\r\n"); else { printf("\nRecvd %d and %d",a,b); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: princebadshah
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script for transferring bulk files from one format to text format

"Help Me" Need script for transferring bulk files from one format to text format in a unix server. Please suggest (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kranthi Kumar
2 Replies
ppmdither(1)						      General Commands Manual						      ppmdither(1)

NAME
ppmdither - ordered dither for color images SYNOPSIS
ppmdither [-dim power] [-red shades] [-green shades] [-blue shades] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input, and applies dithering to it to reduce the number of colors used down to the specified number of shades for each primary. The default number of shades is red=5, green=9, blue=5, for a total of 225 colors. To convert the image to a binary rgb format suitable for color printers, use -red 2 -green 2 -blue 2. OPTIONS
-dim power The size of the dithering matrix. The dithering matrix is a square whose dimension is a power of 2. power is that power of 2. The default is 4, for a 16 by 16 matrix. -red shades The number of red shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. -green shades The number of green shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. -blue shades The number of blue shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. SEE ALSO
pnmdepth(1), ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Christos Zoulas. 14 July 1991 ppmdither(1)