Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Problems starting webserver (WEBRick) on Rails Post 303040680 by Neo on Monday 4th of November 2019 01:23:59 AM
Old 11-04-2019
Sidebar question:

Did you install nodejs before attempting to install ruby?

From your log entries, it seems you did not install nodejs and went straight to the ruby install, is that right?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problems starting apache 1.3 with mysql

I've been working on a project to replace one of the my group's primary NIS servers. It also runs mysql and apache, as it is the host for the our team's hardware tracking database and website. Its running apache 1.3, and for some odd reason, I can't get apache to start on system boot. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: godspunk32
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems starting X windows

After i login i try to start X windows by using the "startx" command. All it does is return "startx: Command not found". Any help would be great.:), By the way I'm using freeBSD. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spacebizall
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Having problems starting up NFS on an OpenSolaris box

I am trying to set up an OpenSolaris box to be an NFS server. The OpenSolaris version is 2008.11. The kernel (uname -a output) is: SunOS minime-28 5.11 snv_101b i86pc i386 i86pc It is running ZFS but I know nothing about ZFS. I have an entry in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file: share -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sqa777
1 Replies

4. Web Development

Problems starting Apache 2.0.54

Hi, I just installed Apache 2.0.54 and when I try and start httpd I get mohit@mohit-desktop:/sw/pkg/apache/bin$ ./httpd -k start httpd: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName (13): make_sock: could not bind to address :80 no listening... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

5. Web Development

how to pass data in webrick sevelts? please help

Hi all, I am a newbie to servlet programming using webrick... Was wondering how to accept data from a form and do necessary processing.. To start with i wrote a sample servlet that accepts a name and prints "welcome <name>" But I do not know how to take this value from the form into the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

6. Programming

issues regarding <frameset> usage in webrick servlets, pls help

Hi all, Ive been trying to execute <frameset> tags within webrick servlets.. But when the server is started i get erreneous o/p ... The html code if executed individually runs flawlesswelly but inside the servlet it cribs... Could anyone please help me out? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

7. Programming

Ubuntu ruby on rails

Hi, I am a php developer and I decided to learn ruby on rails. I have a few question. I have an ubuntu virtual machine with lamp. It mean that it has alrweady php and when I access the ip of the machine from my browser it does load the index.php. if I install ruby on rails will theere... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
smcwebserver(1M)                                          System Administration Commands                                          smcwebserver(1M)

NAME
smcwebserver - manage the server for the Sun Web Console SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/smcwebserver subcommand options DESCRIPTION
The smcwebserver utility manages the Sun Web Console server. Sun Web Console is a browser-based interface that performs systems management. System administrators can manage systems, devices and services from the console. When the console webserver is running, you can view the console by opening a browser and pointing to: https://host:6789 host is the machine where the console has been installed and the console server is running. SUBCOMMANDS
The following subcommands are supported: disable Disable automatic start or stop during system boot or shutdown. Until the administrator reruns the script with the smcweb- server enable subcommand the webserver can be started/stopped only when the administrator executes the script manually using the following command: # /usr/sbin/smcwebserver [start | stop] enable Enable the webserver to startup automatically during subsequent system boot and gracefully stop during system shutdown. restart Stop and subsequently start the console webserver. The format of the restart subcommand is: restart [-U username] start Start the console webserver. The format of the start subcommand is: start [-U username] stop Stop the console webserver. status Display status of the console webserver. The format of the status subcommand is: status [-p] OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -U username | --username usernamThe user identity to run the server as. Once the server has successfuly started under the specified iden- tity, all subsequent starts will automatically be done under that identity until you change it via this option, or by changing the com.sun.web.console.user configuration property via the smreg(1M) command. The default is to run the server under the "noaccess" identity. -p | --parseable Display non-localized output suitable for programmatic parsing. If the server is running, the output will be: running=yes If the server is not running, the output will be: running=no -h | --help | -? Display the usage statement. -V | --version Display console version information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying the Usage Statement The following command displays the smcwebserver usage statement: % smcwebserver --help Example 2: Determining if the Server is Running The following shell command will start the server if it is not already running. ans=`smcwebserver -p | grep running | cut -d"=" -f2` if [ "$ans" = "no" ]; then smcwebserver start fi ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of smcwebserver: JAVA_HOME If you do not specify this environment variable, your PATH is searched for a suitable java. Otherwise, depending on the OS, the follow- ing default locations are used: Solaris: /usr/j2se Linux: /usr/java/j2sdk1.4* EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmcon | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smreg(1M), attributes(5), environ(5) SunOS 5.10 27 May 2004 smcwebserver(1M)