Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to prepare a CSV table with inputs from multiple files Post 303040635 by Neo on Saturday 2nd of November 2019 11:05:30 PM
Old 11-03-2019
Hi prvnrk,

With 252 posts here you should know that UNIX.com is not a free script writing service.

You need to post your code what you wrote to accomplish your objective(s), the sample input and the required output, and any error messages.

You seemed to have done all of the above, EXCEPT you did not provide any code you wrote yourself to solve this problem.

Please, show your work and do your own work and ask for help. Do not ask others to do your work for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pull out multiple files from DB table and redirect all those files to a differetn directory?

Hi everyone!! I have a database table, which has file_name as one of its fields. Example: File_ID File_Name Directory Size 0001 UNO_1232 /apps/opt 234 0002 UNO_1234 /apps/opt 788 0003 UNO_1235 /apps/opt 897 0004 UNO_1236 /apps/opt 568 I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying multiple csv files

Hi, I have mutiple csv files at server1 at /apps/test/data. I needed a script that would copy these csv files from server1 at /usr/data, put them in server2,archive the earlier files that were present in server2 before removing those already present. Kindly help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alok Ranjan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Field validations in multiple files CSV

Hi, I am regular reader of this forum. My advanced thanks to everyone. Below given are the sample files INDATA (Main data) Fild1Çfld2Çfld3….. Fild1Çfld2Çfld3….. Fild1Çfld2Çfld3….. Fild1Çfld2Çfld3….. Fild1Çfld2Çfld3….. . . N records (140000) eg GRPDATA (Reference file) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyperion.krish
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading information from a table and apply a command on multiple files

Hey gyuz, I wanna calculate the number of mapped reads of a bam file in a region of interest. I used this code to do so : samtools view input.bam chrname:region1 > region1.txt This will store all the reads from given bam file within the region of interest in region1.txt Now I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find values in multiple csv files

Hi, I'd like to find the values of certain fields in multiple csv files stored in 1 directory based upon an input search string. An fgrep returns the complete record, I only want certain fields. Thanks in advance for your help. Perry (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: biscayne
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a .csv File into Multiple Files

Hi guys, I have a requirement where i need to split a .csv file into multiple files. Say for example i have data.csv file and i have splitted that into multiple files based on some conditions i.e first file should have 100, last file 50 and other files 1000 each. Am passing the values in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azherkn3
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insterting column in csv from multiple files

Hello, I have a spec file that contains a lot of strings that looks like this: PC DELL OptiPlex 3010MT i3 3220/2GB/500GB/DVD-RW/FREE DOS / 5Y NBD Intel i3 3220 (Dual Core, 3.30GHz, 3MB, w/ HD2500 Graphics), 2GB (1x2GB) DDR3 PC3-1600MHz, 500GB HDD SATA III 7200rpm, DVD+/-RW (16x),... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: g9100
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load multiple files into a table

Hi, I need to load data from two files to a single table. My requirement is that I get two files in which a few column data are manadatory. These files are identified based on the file name. For example, I have two files ABCFile and BCDFile. ABCFile has mandatory data in column 3 and 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reshma15193
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV joining and checking multiple files

Hello, For our work we use several scripts to gather/combine data for use in our webshop. Untill now we did not had any problems but since a couple days we noticed some mismatches between imports. It happened that several barcodes where matched even though it was a complete other product. Of... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Export Oracle multiple tables to multiple csv files using UNIX shell scripting

Hello All, just wanted to export multiple tables from oracle sql using unix shell script to csv file and the below code is exporting only the first table. Can you please suggest why? or any better idea? export FILE="/abc/autom/file/geo_JOB.csv" Export= `sqlplus -s dev01/password@dEV3... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
16 Replies
INTLTOOL-PREPARE(8)					      System Manager's Manual					       INTLTOOL-PREPARE(8)

NAME
intltool-prepare - Prepare software to make use of intltool SYNOPSIS
intltool-prepare [option] [KEYWORD]... DESCRIPTION
For software packages that include some specific type of translatable files (such as .desktop and .soundlist), before they make use of intltool, translators have to dig through them one by one, and add their localization into each file. This process is error prone, since translators may include typing errors, or add their localization in wrong encoding. Besides, translators may not alwas know other files (beside .po files) are translatable. intltool avoids all the problems above by extracting strings inside those translatable files into po template (.pot) file. All translators need to care about is just translating po files. Afterwards, intltool-merge(8) will merge localized strings into those files. Before your software becomes intltool-aware, a few issues have to be sorted out, and intltool-prepare tries to take care of all of them. intltool-prepare will: o Extract all localized strings in .desktop style files (including ".desktop", ".soundlist", ".keys" and ".directory") into corresponding po files. o Convert the translatable files into templates that don't contain any localization. o Add the list of template files above into POTFILES.in. o Add the list of old translatable files into .cvsignore (since they will be generated by intltool later). o Add the rules for generating these files into Makefile.am. NOTE: You must change working directory to the top level source directory before running intltool-prepare. OPTIONS
KEYWORD is a list of additional keywords beside "Name", "Comment" and "description". intltool-prepare will recognize any line starting with those KEYWORD and extract localized strings after equal sign ("="). -x --verbose Be verbose to give user additional feedback. -v --version Show version information. -h --help Show usage and basic help information. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugs.launchpad.net/intltool AUTHOR
Darin Adler <darin@bentspoon.com> Kenneth Christiansen <kenneth@gnu.org> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> SEE ALSO
intltoolize(8), intltool-update(8), intltool-extract(8), intltool-merge(8) intltool 2003-08-02 INTLTOOL-PREPARE(8)