Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to find out and monitor IO spikes history in Linux? Post 303040616 by umen on Saturday 2nd of November 2019 01:43:47 AM
Old 11-02-2019
How to find out and monitor IO spikes history in Linux?

hello all
i have application which according to AWS monitoring is reaching to high spikes of IO at random time .
and causing the server to crash and restart .
my question is how can i find out what cause the spike and if i can't with the native linux tools
what free open source minimon intrusive monitor i can use ?
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stop users from running 'history -c' in Linux

Hi All, My question is how can i stop my users on system from deleting their history. How can i stop the users from running 'history -c'. I have searched thoroughly on the forum but didn't find any satisfactory solution to the problem. kindly help if you any suggestions Thanx in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xander
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bash history with ctr+R, How to get find next match?

ctr+R is used to search bash history reversely, How to get next match? just like N in vi search. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: honglus
1 Replies

3. Linux

History of executed command in Linux

Hi All, Is there a way to check command executed by users in Linux for a specific date? I know we can use history, but it doesn't shows yesterday's executed commands. rgds, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to clear history in Linux

Hello All, Good Morning. I am trying to erase history list in my linux box, but my below command is failing. What is the actual way to clear it? > history clear -bash: history: clear: numeric argument required Also when I run my commands in my command prompt, my team lead can see my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load average spikes once an hour

Hi, I am getting a high load average, around 7, once an hour. It last for about 4 minutes and makes things fairly unusable for this time. How do I find out what is using this. Looking at top the only thing running at the time is md5sum. I have looked at the crontab and there is nothing... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sm9ai
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the time stamps history of the files within the sub-folders

Hi - Can anyone help me to get the shell script for the below scenario I need to find out the time stamps history for the files residing within the subfolders. Ex.. Let say I got directory structure like /home/project1/ -- Fixed directory Now within the project there are many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankaj80
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find the history file

Hi friends, I am unable to find the .sh_history file on my PC. This files contains the log of all commands typed by the users. I searched it also , but no results. Please help me :(, where to find it . Or is there anything else to do to set the history file. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paras.oriental
6 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to find the head cleaning history on HP HP MSL4048 1 LT0-4 Ultrium 1840?

Please guide me how to get the head cleaning history on HP HP MSL4048 1 LT0-4 Ultrium 1840. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marunmeera
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

New UNIX and Linux History Sections

Dear All, Taking a break from Vue.js coding for the site, SEO and YT videos; and hopefully addressing some well deserved criticism from some here that I have been too focused on the visual aspects of the forums versus the substance and the community.... While the "current generation... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Nearly Random, Uncorrelated Server Load Average Spikes

I have been wrangling with a small problem on a Ubuntu server which runs a LAMP application. Linux ubuntu 4.15.0-33-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 15 16:00:05 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux This server runs fine, basically: ubuntu:/var/www# uptime 20:17:13 up 105 days,... (45 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
45 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per- user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_watch function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)