Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris It is possible to install Solaris Cluster on ESXI host ? Post 303040598 by penchev on Friday 1st of November 2019 10:12:34 AM
Old 11-01-2019
It is possible to install Solaris Cluster on ESXI host ?

I try many time to install and configure Solaris Cluster on ESXI, but i received the same transport error between. When i set manuel private (net1,net2) ip config i have ping between nodes.

Quote:
"Probes were sent out from all transport adapters configured for this
node ("node1"). But, they were not seen by any of the other nodes.
This may be due to any number of reasons, including improper cabling
or a switch which was confused by the probes.
You can either attempt to correct the problem and try the probes again
or manually configure the transport.
Code:
--node1

net0 - public

net1 - private

net2 - private

--node2

net0 - public

net1 - private

net2 - private

on ESXI i created vSwitch1 (net1/net1) / vSwitch2 (net2/net2)

Last edited by penchev; 11-01-2019 at 11:36 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas Storage Foundation basic and Core cluster solaris 10 release 7 install

After much hitting my head to the wall with this meesages root@crasher /workzone/dvd4_sfb-sol_x64]#./installer -verbose -installonly 5.0MP3 Installation Program Copyright (c) 2008 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristezo2k
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Install Hangs

Greetings Forumers! I tried installing Solaris Cluster 3.3 today. I should say I tried configuring the Cluster today. The software is already installed on two systems. I am trying to configure a shared filesystem between two 6320 Blades. I selected the "Custom" install because the "Typical"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Frequent crashes in ESXi virtual Solaris machine

Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this crash? This an x86 virtual machine I have running in ESXi at my house, so obviously no way to send the data to Oracle for analysis. Just curious if anyone has any ideas. I suspect motherboard problems with the x86 hardware, as I already... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Install vib on 200 esxi hosts

how do I remote install a vib on 200 esxi hosts ? I need to ssh into the host run this command esxcli software vib install -v /tmp/vib --no-sig-check (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdubb123
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Esxi INTEL cpu vs esxi AMD cpu

Hi i have 2 esxi. one is amd based cpu and the other is intel based cpu. i have a redhat linux machine that was created in amd cpu esxi, now i need to migrate it (powered off) to INTEL based esxi. will the redhat machine will be OK with that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies

7. SCO

Install SCO 5.0.7 on ESXi 6.0

Hi All, Can any one Explain Me Step by Step installing SCO 5.0.7v in ESXi 6.0 ?? When i was trying to install its is not booting into operating systems !! showing an error no operating systems in media !! Thanks in Advance!! Please take some time in helping me !! Kanthi Kiran K (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanthi Kiran
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11.4 on ESXi 6.5 suddenly boot-looping

Tl;dr Solaris 11.4 won't boot on 2 machines because of what I believe is network issues. Need to know where I can find more info to troubleshoot. I have two Solaris 11.4 systems running on VMware ESXi 6.5u2, which have suddenly (and seemingly for no reason) started boot-looping. Both of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rking267
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)