Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Debugging Our Computer Science Trivia Feature Post 303040596 by Neo on Friday 1st of November 2019 10:07:19 AM
Old 11-01-2019
On a specific question note (318) ....

Code:
mysql> select * from neo_open_trivia where id = 318;
+-----+----------+---------+------------+--------------------------+----------------+-------------------+-----------+----------------+------------------+------------------+----------------+--------------------+
| id  | category | type    | difficulty | question                 | correct_answer | incorrect_answers | validated | time_validated | userid_validated | userid_submitted | time_submitted | time_last_modified |
+-----+----------+---------+------------+--------------------------+----------------+-------------------+-----------+----------------+------------------+------------------+----------------+--------------------+
| 318 |       18 | boolean | easy       | MacOS is based on Linux. | False          | True              |         0 |     1572497150 |                0 |                1 |     1572151119 |         1572151119 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

A user got a wrong answer and it was not recorded (submitted) to the DB (this error was due to a bug in the browser, not in the DB):

Code:
mysql> select uid,results from neo_trivia_scoreboard where trivia_id = 318;
+-----+---------+
| uid | results |
+-----+---------+
|   0 | right   |
|   0 | right   |
|   0 | right   |
|   0 | right   |
|   0 | right   |
|   0 | right   |
|   0 | right   |
|   0 | right   |
+-----+---------+
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

So, I am pretty sure there is still a small bug somewhere which is causing some rare errors, so I am logging every request at this time, debugging.

Javascript must be enabled in order to work properly. If your browser is blocking JS, you will get wrong answers (errors) because the app needs JS to work properly and I have not written any code yet to check for JS, etc, and block users from trivia who have JS disabled or their browser is blocking JS.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Science and Information Technology

Hi, I haven't posted on the forums for a while now, I tried to find the most appropriate section for this post, but if this is in the wrong section please forgive me. First, let me say I'm a sophomore in HS. I know that job wise I definitely want to do something in computers. A while ago I was... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
5 Replies

2. Programming

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer science.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

3. Web Development

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

I have added a new experimental "Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia - True or False" section in the discussions, currently under the tags box. In the future, I plan to Expand this feature to add more trivia categories from math, science and technology. Keep track of correct and... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

1000+ Computer Science Trivia Questions at UNIX.COM

The UNIX and Linux Forums now has over 1000 TRUE / FALSE computer science and computer related trivia question in our database. These questions are of relatively high quality (compared to similar sites on the web) and are fun (according to feedback by users). In the first week during the... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

New Member and Country Computer Trivia Leaderboards

Thanks to Akshay, who helped me write the core MySQL queries, we now have two new draft leaderboards, by (1) member and by (2) country: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php Currently milhan leads the members with a high score of 90%: ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Computer Trivia Feature Tops 50,000 Questions Answered

Just noticed that our successful computer trivia feature (stats here) has surpassed over 50,000 questions answered by users: https://www.unix.com/trivia_stats.php This was a coding effort worth while and I'm pleased to see so many people enjoying it in such a short time since it was released... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)