Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding sequential index to duplicate strings Post 303040539 by RudiC on Thursday 31st of October 2019 05:08:51 AM
Old 10-31-2019
How about
Code:
awk '/^>/ {$0 = $0 "" ++SUFF[$0]} 1' file

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading special characters while converting sequential file to line sequential

We have to convert a sequential file to a 80 char line sequential file (HP UX platform).The sequential file contains special characters. which after conversion of the file to line sequential are getting coverted into "new line" or "tab" and file is getting distorted. Is there any way to read these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding field of flatfile by an index.

Hey guys, I was given a task that involved parcing a large file that looked somthing like this... A1-0999999,SMITH,.25 A1-0999999,JOHN,.75 A1-0999999,HELMET,.1.25 A1-0999999,HOOP,.10.25 D1-1212121,SMITH,4.00 D1-1212121,TH,9.00 D1-1212121,MITCH,10.20 D1-1212121,RETAL,3.00 A1-9909555,,3.00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djsal
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate index names renamed

Hello everyone ! Please have a minute and see if you know how to script this I have a file like this: "create table .... ... create index n112 on ... ... create table ... .... create index n113 on... ... create table ... create index n112 on ...! duplicate ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sotoc79
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines in file containing duplicate strings, keeping longer strings

The question is not as simple as the title... I have a file, it looks like this <string name="string1">RZ-LED</string> <string name="string2">2.0</string> <string name="string2">Version 2.0</string> <string name="string3">BP</string> I would like to check for duplicate entries of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a new column as sequential number but with a little complication

I am a newbie to shell programming and maybe somebody can help me out a little. Here's my problem: I got a PIPE delimited file with header record. I need to add a new column name as RECORDKEY. I would like to use a counter to generate this new value for each record. I plan to do a while loop and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnhips
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting lines between two strings with duplicate set of data

if I have the following lines in a file app.log some lines here <AAAA> abc <id>123456789</id> ddd </AAAA>some lines here too <BBBB> abc <id>123456789</id> ddd </BBBB>some lines here too <AAAA> xyz <id>987654321</id> ssss </AAAA>some lines here again... How do I get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nariwithu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicate strings in a line

Hi, i need help to remove duplicates in my file. The problem is i need to delete one duplicate for each line only. the input file as follows and it is not tab delimited:- The output need to remove 2nd word (in red) that duplicate with 1st word (in blue). Other duplicates should remained... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate value with different index

Hello Gents, Please give a help with this case Input 10001010G1 10001010G1 10001010G1 10001010G2 10001010G3 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001012G1 10001014G1 10001014G1 10001014G2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines containing 2 or more duplicate strings

Within my text file i have several thousand lines of text with some lines containing duplicate strings/words. I would like to entirely remove those lines which contain the duplicate strings. Eg; One and a Two Unix.com is the Best This as a Line Line Example duplicate sentence with the word... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: martinsmith
22 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Relocation strings using awk/sed from a index file

Hi All, I'd always appreciate all helps from this website. I would like to relocate strings based on the index number from an index file. Index numbers are shown on the first column in the index file (index.txt) and I would like to relocate "path" based on index numbers. Paths are placed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jypark22
11 Replies
HTML::Microformats::Format::species(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  HTML::Microformats::Format::species(3pm)

NAME
HTML::Microformats::Format::species - the species microformat SYNOPSIS
use HTML::Microformats::DocumentContext; use HTML::Microformats::Format::hCard; my $context = HTML::Microformats::DocumentContext->new($dom, $uri); my @objects = HTML::Microformats::Format::species->extract_all( $dom->documentElement, $context); foreach my $species (@objects) { print $species->get_binomial . " "; } DESCRIPTION
HTML::Microformats::Format::species inherits from HTML::Microformats::Format. See the base class definition for a description of property getter/setter methods, constructors, etc. MICROFORMAT
The species documentation at <http://microformats.org/wiki/species> is very sketchy. This module aims to be roughly compatible with the implementation of species in the Operator extension for Firefox, and data published by the BBC and Wikipedia. Here are some brief notes on how is has been impemented: o The root class name is 'biota'. o Important properties are 'vernacular' (alias 'common-name', 'cname' or 'fn'), 'binomial', 'trinomial', 'authority'. o Also recognised are 'class', 'division', 'family', 'genus', 'kingdom', 'order', 'phylum', 'species' and various other ranks. o Because some of these property names are fairly generic, you can alternatively use them in a prefixed form: 'taxo-class', 'taxo-division', etc. o If an element with class 'biota' has no recognised properties within it, the entire contents of the element are taken to be a binomial name. This allows for very simple markup: <i class="biota">Homo sapiens</i> o The meaning of some terminology differs when used by botanists and zoologists. You can add the class 'botany' or 'zoology' to the root element to clarify your usage. e.g. <i class="biota zoology">Homo sapiens</i> An example: <span class="biota zoology"> <i class="binomial"> <span class="genus">Homo</span> <span class="species">sapiens</span> <span class="subspecies">sapiens</span> </i> (<span class="authority">Linnaeus, 1758</span>) a.k.a. <span class="vernacular">Humans</span> </span> RDF OUTPUT
RDF output uses the Biological Taxonomy Vocabulary 0.2 (<http://purl.org/NET/biol/ns#>). BUGS
Please report any bugs to <http://rt.cpan.org/>. SEE ALSO
HTML::Microformats::Format, HTML::Microformats. AUTHOR
Toby Inkster <tobyink@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008-2011 Toby Inkster This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THIS PACKAGE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-06 HTML::Microformats::Format::species(3pm)