Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to set ACLs on sulog - need to grant read permission to a normal user on AIX 6.1 Post 303040532 by prvnrk on Wednesday 30th of October 2019 08:24:32 PM
Old 10-30-2019
Perhaps /var not mounted "ACL compliant"? I tried to remount /var with "acl" option, it throws "Invalid mount option"..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Other than root user .Normal user is unable to create files

Hi all, I am using Sun Solaris 9 .In this system normal users unable to create files from the command line.I added these users in bin,adm and even root group i found them unable to create a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mallesh
1 Replies

2. AIX

To find RAM Size in AIX as normal user?

Hi, Am jus trying to find the Total RAM Size of a AIX m/c (in MB)..svmon works perfectly for a superuser...But i want to achive this as a normal user...Please help me out with correct command.. Best Regards, Muthukumaran.M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumaran13
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MySQL GRANT permission.

Hi, I'm one of a server administrators. I've the linux root account but I don't know the root password of MySQL (Server version: 5.0.32). I want to GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES to my MySQL account without changing the MySQL's root password. How can I do so? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
0 Replies

4. AIX

Normal User Unable to Login Through AIX CDE

When we as normal user try to login, the session startup terminates and we are presented with the login screen.The root user is able to login without any problem.I can log in to the Aix server as normal user through telnet & using xmanager but not directly through server terminal .The Aix version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranadeep
1 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to set remote printer in AIX

Hi all, I am a beginner in AIX. I am facing a problem with remote printing in AIX. HP laser jet 1320 printer is connected to a printer server (PCI Mini - 100U3), which is configured as remote printer from AIX server. But I am not able to print from the AIX server by using "lp -d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rainy
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to set user home dir

I created a new user and changed their home directory to /export/home/mydir/ I verified in the passwd file that the home directory is set to the above and that owner of that directory is the new user and yet when I log in as that user I get the following message: No directory! Logging in with... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: some_one
14 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grant sudo permission

Hi all, I have to grant sudo permission to a user. I have searched online and find that /etc/sudoers file needs to be changed with visudo command. As i am new to linux, this is not clear to me. Can anybody take an example and show me how exactly this done. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

set only some command & scripts permission to a particular user

hi, i am new in unix.......i am using bash and i want to create a user which has only some command and scripts permission.........is it possible? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshtomar82
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Permission ERROR: Unable to load the User's Hive

Hi all, Please help me solving the error that i get when i trigger the job from autosys. The job is failing after going to restart start and it is throwing an "exit code:128". Please help me understand whats this exit code and how to overcome this. And when i check the logs its giving me an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bharath V
4 Replies

10. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
KEYCTL_SETPERM(3)					    Linux Key Management Calls						 KEYCTL_SETPERM(3)

NAME
keyctl_setperm - Change the permissions mask on a key SYNOPSIS
#include <keyutils.h> long keyctl_setperm(key_serial_t key, key_perm_t perm); DESCRIPTION
keyctl_setperm() changes the permissions mask on a key. A process that does not have the SysAdmin capability may not change the permissions mask on a key that doesn't have the same UID as the caller. The caller must have setattr permission on a key to be able change its permissions mask. The permissions mask is a bitwise-OR of the following flags: KEY_xxx_VIEW Grant permission to view the attributes of a key. KEY_xxx_READ Grant permission to read the payload of a key or to list a keyring. KEY_xxx_WRITE Grant permission to modify the payload of a key or to add or remove links to/from a keyring. KEY_xxx_SEARCH Grant permission to find a key or to search a keyring. KEY_xxx_LINK Grant permission to make links to a key. KEY_xxx_SETATTR Grant permission to change the ownership and permissions attributes of a key. KEY_xxx_ALL Grant all the above. The 'xxx' in the above should be replaced by one of: POS Grant the permission to a process that possesses the key (has it attached searchably to one of the process's keyrings). USR Grant the permission to a process with the same UID as the key. GRP Grant the permission to a process with the same GID as the key, or with a match for the key's GID amongst that process's Groups list. OTH Grant the permission to any other process. Examples include: KEY_POS_VIEW, KEY_USR_READ, KEY_GRP_SEARCH and KEY_OTH_ALL. User, group and other grants are exclusive: if a process qualifies in the 'user' category, it will not qualify in the 'groups' category; and if a process qualifies in either 'user' or 'groups' then it will not qualify in the 'other' category. Possessor grants are cumulative with the grants from the 'user', 'groups' and 'other' categories. RETURN VALUE
On success keyctl_setperm() returns 0 . On error, the value -1 will be returned and errno will have been set to an appropriate error. ERRORS
ENOKEY The specified key does not exist. EKEYEXPIRED The specified key has expired. EKEYREVOKED The specified key has been revoked. EACCES The named key exists, but does not grant setattr permission to the calling process. LINKING
This is a library function that can be found in libkeyutils. When linking, -lkeyutils should be specified to the linker. SEE ALSO
keyctl(1), add_key(2), keyctl(2), request_key(2), keyctl(3), request-key(8) Linux 4 May 2006 KEYCTL_SETPERM(3)