Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Shell script to call and sort awk script and output Post 303040527 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 30th of October 2019 06:29:50 PM
Old 10-30-2019
In the shell you can do
Code:
awk -f average1.awk "$1" | (read h; echo "$h"; sort)

Within the awk script you can do something like
Code:
NR==1 {print}
... {print | "sort"}

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a shell script from awk ?

BEGIN { account_no = substr($0,1,8)} { billdate = substr($0,13,20)} { billduedate = substr($0,21,28)} { billid = billid - 1} { billduedate = billdatecalc(billduedate - 1)} ... END .... How do I call the shell script billdatecalc(arguments ..) in an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a perl script inside a shell script

Hi all, I have the following snippet of code.. #!/bin/sh echo "run perl script............" #Run the verification script perl bill_ver echo " perl script completed....." echo "rename files......" #Remove from all file in the directories test, test1, test2, test3 for f in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script in system() call and want the script's output

Hi All, I have a script(sample.sh) displaying the output of "dd" command. Now i am using this script in system() call as, system("sh sample.sh") in an application file. I want the output of system("sh sample.sh") in the application file itself. How can i get it? Many thnaks.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amio
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

call another shell script and pass parameters to that shell script

Hi, I basically have 2 shell scripts. One is a shell script will get the variable value from the user. The variable is nothing but the IP of the remote system. Another shell script is a script that does the job of connecting to the remote system using ssh. This uses a expect utility in turn. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call shell script function from awk script

hi everyone i am trying to do this bash> cat abc.sh deepak() { echo Deepak } deepak bash>./abc.sh Deepak so it is giving me write simply i created a func and it worked now i modified it like this way bash> cat abc.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get fields and get output with awk or shell script.?

I have a flat file A.txt with field seperate by a pipe 2012/11/13 20:06:11 | 284:hawk pid=014268 opened Locations 12, 13, 14, 15 for /home/hawk_t112/t112/macteam/qt/NET12/full_ddr3_2X_FV_4BD_1.qt/dbFiles/t112.proto|2012/11/14 15:19:26 | still running |norway|norway 2012/11/14 12:53:51 | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script/awk to sort text

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have a file with a fragment of a novel, which I have to clear from punctuation and sort all the words contained one per line and non duplicated, all this going to a file called "palabras". Here is fragment of the input file: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektorzoza
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to call another script based on second column entry

Hi I have a text file (Input.txt) with two column entries separated by tab as given below: aaa str1 bbb str2 cccccc str3 dddd str4 eee str3 ssss str2 sdf str3 hhh str1 fff str2 ccc str3 ..... ..... ..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)