Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to reencode all files in a directory Post 303040401 by MadeInGermany on Monday 28th of October 2019 02:19:12 PM
Old 10-28-2019
Try to redirect stdin:
Code:
  </dev/null ffmpeg ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Go Thru Files in a directory:Script

Hi, I am new to unix scripting and I need to write a script that accepts a directory name as an argument, and inside the script to go through all the ".dat" files in that directory. For each ".dat" file in the directory, create a control file(.ctl) file containing the associated ".dat" file name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Axis99
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to count files in a directory

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had an answer for this? thanks, KW (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwa71
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute script on files in another directory?

Hi Guys, Is there any way I can execute my bash script on files in a different folder than what the script is in? Here is an excerpt of my script: #!/usr/bin/bash input_path="/cygdrive/c/files" output_path="/cygdrive/c/files/data" #script uses files from /cygdrive/c/files directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading files in script from another directory

Hi I'm trying to call my files from different directories in my script. Can you please help me. Here is my script: #!/bin/bash #---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #This script allows the user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which removes files from the first directory if there is a file in the second directory

Script must removes files from the first directory if there is a file with same name in the second directory Script passed to the two directories, it lies with them in one directory: sh script_name dir1 dir2 This is my version, but it does not work :wall: set - $2/* for i do set -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SLAMUL
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether directory has files in it or not in shell script?

hi, I am having script in which i want to check if directory has any file in it or not. If directory contains a single or more files then and only then it should proceed to further operations... P.S.: Directory might have thousand number of files. so there might be chance of getting error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSom007
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to remove zip files from a directory

Hi Folks, There is a job which generates a .zip files every day at /usr/app/generated directory , now please advise for the script that will delete this zip files permanently.but while deleting it should make sure that it will not delete the last two days recently generated zip files and this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Files one directory to another directory shell script

Hi, Could you please assist how to move the gz files which are older than the 90 days from one folder to another folder ,before that it need to check the file system named "nfs" if size is less than 90 or not. If size is above 90 then it shouldn't perform file move and exit the script throwing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to keep checking the directory for files.

Hello Folks, Looking for a script which can keep doing ls to the directories and once file landed to the directory then ,read the files do further calculation and exit. Kindly guide. Regards, Sadique (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
3 Replies
MKFONTSCALE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    MKFONTSCALE(1)

NAME
mkfontscale - create an index of scalable font files for X SYNOPSIS
mkfontscale [ -b ] [ -s ] [ -o filename ] [ -x suffix ] [ -a encoding ] ... [ -f fuzz ] [ -l ] [ -e directory ] [ -p prefix ] [ -r prefix ] [ -n prefix ] [ -- ] [ directory ] ... DESCRIPTION
For each directory argument, mkfontscale reads all of the scalable font files in the directory. For every font file found, an X11 font name (XLFD) is generated, and is written together with the file name to a file fonts.scale in the directory. The resulting fonts.scale file should be checked and possibly manually edited before being used as input for the mkfontdir(1) program. OPTIONS
-b read bitmap fonts. By default, bitmap fonts are ignored. -s ignore scalable fonts. By default, scalable fonts are read. If -b is set, this flag has the side effect of enabling the reading of fonts.scale files. -o filename send program output to filename; default is fonts.scale if bitmap fonts are not being read, and fonts.dir if they are. If filename is relative, it is created in the directory being processed. If it is the special value -, output is written to standard output. -x suffix exclude all files with the specified suffix. -a encoding add encoding to the list of encodings searched for. -f fuzz set the fraction of characters that may be missing in large encodings to fuzz percent. Defaults to 2%. -l Write fonts.dir files suitable for implementations that cannot reencode legacy fonts (BDF and PCF). By default, it is assumed that the implementation can reencode Unicode-encoded legacy fonts. -e specifies a directory with encoding files. Every such directory is scanned for encoding files, the list of which is then written to an "encodings.dir" file in every font directory. -p Specifies a prefix that is prepended to the encoding file path names when they are written to the "encodings.dir" file. The prefix is prepended literally: if a `/' is required between the prefix and the path names, it must be supplied explicitly as part of the prefix. -r Keep non-absolute encoding directories in their relative form when writing the "encodings.dir" file. The default is to convert rel- ative encoding directories to absolute directories by prepending the current directory. The positioning of this options is signifi- cant, as this option only applies to subsequent -e options. -n do not scan for fonts, do not write font directory files. This option is useful when generating encoding directories only. -- end of options. SEE ALSO
X(7), Xserver(1), mkfontdir(1), ttmkfdir(1), xfs(1), xset(1) NOTES
The format of the fonts.scale, fonts.dir and encodings.dir files is documented in the mkfontdir(1) manual page. Mkfontscale will overwrite any fonts.scale file even if it has been hand-edited. mkfontscale -b -s -l is equivalent to mkfontdir. AUTHOR
The version of mkfontscale included in this X.Org Foundation release was originally written by Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@freedesktop.org> for the XFree86 project. The functionality of this program was inspired by the ttmkfdir utility by Joerg Pommnitz. X Version 11 mkfontscale 1.1.0 MKFONTSCALE(1)