Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shorten header of protein sequences in fasta file to only organism name Post 303040293 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 26th of October 2019 02:48:49 AM
Old 10-26-2019
Yes, just put > before the back reference \1:
Code:
sed '/^>/s/.*OS=\(.*\) OX=.*/>\1/' file

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to shorten usernames and output to file

Hopefully someone here can point me in the correct direction. I'm working on a username migration and am trying to map my users ols usernames to the new ones. Right now every user has a username of firstname.lastname i.e. john.doe I'm trying to create a bash or python script that will take... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for changing the accession number of DNA sequences in a FASTA file

Hi, I am having a file of dna sequences in fasta format which look like this: >admin_1_45 atatagcaga >admin_1_46 atatagcagaatatatat with many such thousands of sequences in a single file. I want to the replace the accession Id "admin_1_45" similarly in following sequences to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: margarita
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequences from a FASTA file based on another file

I have two files. File1 is shown below. >153L:B|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE RTDCYGNVNRIDTTGASCKTAKPEGLSYCGVSASKKIAERDLQAMDRYKTIIKKVGEKLCVEPAVIAGIISRESHAGKVL KNGWGDRGNGFGLMQVDKRSHKPQGTWNGEVHITQGTTILINFIKTIQKKFPSWTKDQQLKGGISAYNAGAGNVRSYARM DIGTTHDDYANDVVARAQYYKQHGY >16VP:A|PDBID|CHAIN|SEQUENCE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelsonfrans
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shorten header of protein sequences in fasta file

I have a fasta file as follows >sp|O15090|FABP4_HUMAN Fatty acid-binding protein, adipocyte OS=Homo sapiens GN=FABP4 PE=1 SV=3 MCDAFVGTWKLVSSENFDDYMKEVGVGFATRKVAGMAKPNMIISVNGDVITIKSESTFKN TEISFILGQEFDEVTADDRKVKSTITLDGGVLVHVQKWDGKSTTIKRKREDDKLVVECVM KGVTSTRVYERA >sp|L18484|AP2A2_RAT AP-2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexypaul
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select distinct sequences from fasta file and list

Hi How can I extract sequences from a fasta file with respect a certain criteria? The beginning of my file (containing in total more than 1000 sequences) looks like this: >H8V34IS02I59VP SDACNDLTIALLQIAREVRVCNPTFSFRWHPQVKDEVMRECFDCIRQGLG YPSMRNDPILIANCMNWHGHPLEEARQWVHQACMSPCPSTKHGFQPFRMA... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marion MPI
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fasta header modification

Hi, I need some help with modifying fasta headers. I have a fasta file with thousands of contigs and I need to modify their headers with the information obtained from a second file. File 1 contains the fasta sequences: >contig0001 length=11115 numreads=10777 agatgtagatctct... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokaps
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting unique sequences from multiple fasta file

Hi, I have a fasta file with multiple sequences. How can i get only unique sequences from the file. For example my_file.fasta >seq1 TCTCAAAGAAAGCTGTGCTGCATACTGTACAAAACTTTGTCTGGAGAGATGGAGAATCTCATTGACTTTACAGGTGTGGACGGTCTTCAGAGATGGCTCAAGCTAACATTCCCTGACACACCTATAGGGAAAGAGCTAAC >seq2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibk
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to count the length of fasta sequences?

I could calculate the length of entire fasta sequences by following command, awk '/^>/{if (l!="") print l; print; l=0; next}{l+=length($0)}END{print l}' unique.fasta But, I need to calculate the length of a particular fasta sequence specified/listed in another txt file. The results to to be... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to add specific bases at the beginning and ending of all the fasta sequences?

Hi, I have to add 7 bases of specific nucleotide at the beginning and ending of all the fasta sequences of a file. For example, I have a multi fasta file namely test.fasta as given below test.fasta >TalAA18_Xoo_CIAT_NZ_CP033194.1:_2936369-2939570:+1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)