Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Motif gui programming !
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Motif gui programming ! Post 303040095 by Neo on Wednesday 23rd of October 2019 04:29:57 AM
Old 10-23-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennenmut
Hi , the problem is solved. I have installed CLANG compiler , that works.
I have Sparky Linux OS.

Windowsmanager. I dont know what that is.
Then see this reference, and learn something new:

Motif Window Manager - Wikipedia

and see also:

Window manager - Wikipedia

Quote:
A window manager is system software that controls the placement and appearance of windows within a windowing system in a graphical user interface. Most window managers are designed to help provide a desktop environment. They work in conjunction with the underlying graphical system that provides required functionality-support for graphics hardware, pointing devices, and a keyboard, and are often written and created using a widget toolkit.

Few window managers are designed with a clear distinction between the windowing system and the window manager. Every graphical user interface based on a windows metaphor has some form of window management. In practice, the elements of this functionality vary greatly. Elements usually associated with window managers allow the user to open, close, minimize, maximize, move, resize, and keep track of running windows, including window decorators. Many window managers also come with various utilities and features: e.g. docks, task bars, program launchers, desktop icons, and wallpaper.
Hopefully, you know what a window manager is now Smilie

From above:

Every graphical user interface based on a windows metaphor has some form of window management.

So, you should probably learn and know what a window manager is, since you are using MOTIF .... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GUI programming

I am a newbie to the *nix developer community, and was wondering if anyone has any good links on the subject of GUI programming in the X environment. Any suggestion is welcome =). (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solitare
2 Replies

2. Programming

Motif

Do you think that Motif programming is old...should I learn it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
3 Replies

3. Programming

motif help

Hi everyone, I am new in motif programming and I want to learn how to program it. I use Fedora core 3 and every time I compile the program, there are always some errors appear. One of the errors said that I do not have the Xm/xxxx.h However, I do not know precisely how to install header files. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqq
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If a is windows gui ( client), b is a unix gui ( Server for a) and c is a shell scrip

Hello all, 1) I want to have a GUI application that will call Unix shell scripts, 2) that GUI application should be able to reside on windows ( if possible) and then call Unix shell script either directly or through a server residing on unix. That is for example. If a is windows gui (... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hchivukula
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Motif 2.1 migration from Motif 1.2

An application was getting built using Motif 1.2 that used come along Solaris 6 OS for compiling and linking. Application is run using Motif 2.1 on Solaris 10 and it is working fine. Application compilation and linking is working fine on Solaris 10 with Motif 2.1.0 but running the application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

6. Programming

Python gui or C++ gui or java gui?

python gui or c++ gui or java gui? and when to use etch one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaja
1 Replies

7. Programming

MOTIF programming and X11 client !

Hi there , i am interesting in MOTIF programming. One question : Is it right that in Motif GUI programming the actions are automaticly transformed and networked to other clients over the internet without network programming necessary ? Are the commands automatic transformed by the X11... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zabo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wanna learn native GUI programming in UNIX - Linux ?

Hi , wanna learn native GUI programming in Unix-Linux instead of Gtk and Qt. No problem. You don't need a cross platform Gui toolkit like Gtk and Qt. And the code and syntax is also not more or less than others. Check out this code for a simple mainwindow for your application that is openend in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

I'll be a professional MOTIF GUI programmer.

I'll be a professional MOTIF GUI programmer. And nothing will stop me. Nothing. :) (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Motif GUI example. UNIX executable ready.

Motif GUI example. Unix executable ready. Hi , i have attached my executable GUI example file in form of a .gz file. please gunzip file before. May i ask you for check it out that it is running on your machine ? You should have "Motif" package installed. when you klick the unix executable... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
GIT-GUI(1)							    Git Manual								GIT-GUI(1)

NAME
git-gui - A portable graphical interface to Git SYNOPSIS
git gui [<command>] [arguments] DESCRIPTION
A Tcl/Tk based graphical user interface to Git. git gui focuses on allowing users to make changes to their repository by making new commits, amending existing ones, creating branches, performing local merges, and fetching/pushing to remote repositories. Unlike gitk, git gui focuses on commit generation and single file annotation and does not show project history. It does however supply menu actions to start a gitk session from within git gui. git gui is known to work on all popular UNIX systems, Mac OS X, and Windows (under both Cygwin and MSYS). To the extent possible OS specific user interface guidelines are followed, making git gui a fairly native interface for users. COMMANDS
blame Start a blame viewer on the specified file on the given version (or working directory if not specified). browser Start a tree browser showing all files in the specified commit (or HEAD by default). Files selected through the browser are opened in the blame viewer. citool Start git gui and arrange to make exactly one commit before exiting and returning to the shell. The interface is limited to only commit actions, slightly reducing the application's startup time and simplifying the menubar. version Display the currently running version of git gui. EXAMPLES
git gui blame Makefile Show the contents of the file Makefile in the current working directory, and provide annotations for both the original author of each line, and who moved the line to its current location. The uncommitted file is annotated, and uncommitted changes (if any) are explicitly attributed to Not Yet Committed. git gui blame v0.99.8 Makefile Show the contents of Makefile in revision v0.99.8 and provide annotations for each line. Unlike the above example the file is read from the object database and not the working directory. git gui blame --line=100 Makefile Loads annotations as described above and automatically scrolls the view to center on line 100. git gui citool Make one commit and return to the shell when it is complete. This command returns a non-zero exit code if the window was closed in any way other than by making a commit. git gui citool --amend Automatically enter the Amend Last Commit mode of the interface. git gui citool --nocommit Behave as normal citool, but instead of making a commit simply terminate with a zero exit code. It still checks that the index does not contain any unmerged entries, so you can use it as a GUI version of git-mergetool(1) git citool Same as git gui citool (above). git gui browser maint Show a browser for the tree of the maint branch. Files selected in the browser can be viewed with the internal blame viewer. SEE ALSO
gitk(1) The Git repository browser. Shows branches, commit history and file differences. gitk is the utility started by git gui's Repository Visualize actions. OTHER
git gui is actually maintained as an independent project, but stable versions are distributed as part of the Git suite for the convenience of end users. A git gui development repository can be obtained from: git clone git://repo.or.cz/git-gui.git or git clone http://repo.or.cz/r/git-gui.git or browsed online at http://repo.or.cz/w/git-gui.git/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-GUI(1)