Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Root user not recognizing on Solaris-10 (shadow file corruption) Post 303040088 by solaris_1977 on Wednesday 23rd of October 2019 01:28:57 AM
Old 10-23-2019
Yes, this is fixed. Thank you very much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Permissions for the root user on Solaris 10

Hi I have a doubt, here if a file does not have the write permissions to the root user my script is going to write the data into that file. when i executed the script as root user. Is it correct ... ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shreedhar Naik
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to start CDE for non root user on Solaris 10

Hi, How can I start CDE for non root user created.For root CDE is working fine but for non root user CDE exits back to login screen after trying for some time.Also I cant see .dt and .dtprofile files in the users home directory.How can I create them.Kindly help. Thanks & Regards, Kiran. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranherekar
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Non-root user access to privileged ports-Solaris 8

Please let me know how to setup a non-root user to be able to access a privileged port (<1024) on Solaris 8. I am currently running tomcat as "tomcat" user and I get the following error during to start up: SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint java.net.BindException: Permission denied<null>:443 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris not recognizing RAID 5 disks

I've just installed Sol 10 Update 9 on a Sun 4140 server and have a RAID 1 configuration (2 136 Gb drives) for the OS and have created a RAID 5 array (6 136 GB) drives. When i log into the system I am unable to see the RAID 5 disks at all. I've tried using the devfsadm command but no luck and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: goose25
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10

I am not able to get ftp working for Solaris 10 for root user. I am getting login failed error. 331 Password required for root. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. Tried following things already. 1. SFTP works ok, still would like to know why FTP is not working (curious). 2.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 9 not recognizing CDROM drive

Hello, I've read many posts that offer tips on how to mount a CDROM but I haven't seen any on how to get the system to recognize the CDROM drive. I was transferring files from CDROM to the hard drive successfully. I entered the third CDROM and the system refused to automount it. I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrueSon
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris :regarding /etc/shadow file

what does the last column in /etc/shadow file indicate?? i read man page,it tells its FLAG..but i am not able to understand exactly why its there :confused: thanks in advance, shekhar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Root and non-root user not able to delete the file

Hi!! one strange problem occurred with my RHEL 5 box. i'm having logs folder with ownership of non-root user. Created some files with root user under logs folder. here is the scene: -rw-r----- 1 root root 1048227 Feb 28 12:34 SystemOut_13.02.28_12.34.10.log -rw-r----- 1 root root ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
6 Replies

9. SuSE

Non root user want to see /var/log/messages - any suse equivalent of Solaris dmesg

Hi New to Suse - mainly used Solaris. In solaris dmesg will also show you contents of messages log file but in Suse Liux it doesnt appear to. I dont have root access to this Suse server, and wondering is there any other tool / utility that allows me to see the messages file contents like on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 - 'ls' green for root user only

Welcome to all. Have an issue and looking for help so hope someone is able to give me some clues. I prepared some shell scripts with coloured output to help other guys to have more automated task. Not sure if I did this but now whenever I use 'ls' command for root user every output in... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiedCone
29 Replies
fixed(3alleg4)							  Allegro manual						    fixed(3alleg4)

NAME
fixed - Fixed point integer to replace floats. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> typedef long fixed DESCRIPTION
This is a fixed point integer which can replace float with similar results and is faster than float on low end machines. Read chapter "Fixed point math routines" for the full explanation. SEE ALSO
, ex12bit(3alleg4), ex3buf(3alleg4), ex3d(3alleg4), excustom(3alleg4), exfixed(3alleg4), exrotscl(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4), exsprite(3alleg4), exstars(3alleg4), exupdate(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixed(3alleg4)