Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script program is not recognizing the -w Post 303039976 by Peasant on Sunday 20th of October 2019 12:55:49 AM
Old 10-20-2019
I'm not sure i follow.
I cannot see -w option handled in code.

Can you be more precise on your problem and write exactly what you need / want your script to do ?

Regards
Peasant.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recognizing * character

i have a short script that takes a filename and secure copies the file to a remote machine. i'd like to be able to take a * character and secure copy all the files in the directory. first of all, how would i compare $1 to see if it's a * character? if or didn't do it. second question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

recognizing *.* in find

hi folks, I am trying to write a script for deleting all the files which are older than "N" days from current directory. CODE: FileName="*.*" NumDays=-1 echo $FileName echo $NumDays find * -prune -name $FileName -mtime $NumDays -exec rm {} \; Now the problem here is when i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarnath
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab not recognizing the jar files

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuutla
0 Replies

4. Linux

Crontab not recognizing the jar files

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuutla
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Apache 2 configure not recognizing options

Hello all. I am trying to compile Apache 2 (again!) and the configure script keeps telling me it does not recognize the options. Everything I am including is in the --help list. For example: --enable-so. First I will put in the LD flags, then configure with the --enable-so option. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recognizing an argument in csh

I will be passing an argument to a csh script The script can be either of two forms For example, either script.csh zloc=5/10 or script.csh zloc=5/10/20 So there can be either two values or three values. How can I distinguish which one the user has inputted? I have made... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

VMBox not Recognizing eth0 on RH.

Hello, I re-installed my laptop and installed a new copy of VMBOX, I created a VM Machine with my Rhel5 and a CEntos copy as well. I am using a laptop HP DV4, I use wireless on the laptop. Usually when I boot up in to either machine I would get eht0 and lo as usual now I just don't get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash not recognizing cluster commands

hi folks, please help me with this, my bash script is not recognizing veritas cluster commands, giving error such as "bash: hastatus: command not found". the piece of code is ssh -p 22022 test02 'hastatus -sum |grep j2ee|grep -i online' > /tmp/j2ee.log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravsharma29
2 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recognizing storage from server

Hi, I need to know what are the storages attached to some of our corporate servers. I run this command from the server only to get a list of WWNs : # /usr/local/bin/evainfo -a Devicefile Array WWNN Capacity ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
ERROR::PASS1(7stap)													       ERROR::PASS1(7stap)

NAME
error::pass1 - systemtap pass-1 errors DESCRIPTION
Errors that occur during pass 1 (parsing) usually mean a basic syntax error of some sort occurred in the systemtap script. There are sev- eral classes of problems possible: plain syntax error The systemtap script parser detects a large variety of errors, such as missing operands, bad punctuation. It tries to list what kinds of tokens it was expecting to see, and will show the region of the source code with the problem. Please review the stap(1) man page and/or the tutorial, to correct the script's syntax. grammar ambiguities There is at least one known ambiguity in the systemtap grammar. It relates to the optionality of ; (semicolon) separators between statements, and the ++ and -- increment/decrement operators. If the parser indicates an error, consider adding some explicit ; sep- arators between nearby statements and try again. missing command line arguments A systemtap script that uses the $N and @N constructs for substituting in command-line options may fail if not enough options were given on the stap command line. compatibility changes Some versions of systemtap have changed the language incompatibly, for example by adding the try/catch keywords for exception han- dling. In such cases, rerun systemtap with the --compatibility=VERSION option, substituting the last systemtap version where your script was known to work. You may also check the release-history NEWS file for compatibility changes. GATHERING MORE INFORMATION
Increasing the verbosity of pass-1 with an option such as --vp 1 can help pinpoint the problem. SEE ALSO
stap(1), error::reporting(7stap) ERROR::PASS1(7stap)