Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script program is not recognizing the -w Post 303039975 by zbest1966 on Sunday 20th of October 2019 12:05:20 AM
Old 10-20-2019
Script program is not recognizing the -w

Sorry I put -r I ment to out -w but its not perform none of -w, -r, -x flags
Using centos 6.4

Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo -e "enter the name of file :\c"
read file_name

if [ -f $file_name ]
then
        if [ -w $file_name ]
        then
          echo "Type some text date. Tp quit press crtl-"
          cat >>  $file_name
        else
          echo "The file does not have permission"
        fi
    else
      echo "$file_name not exists"
 fi

Last edited by zbest1966; 10-20-2019 at 07:35 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recognizing * character

i have a short script that takes a filename and secure copies the file to a remote machine. i'd like to be able to take a * character and secure copy all the files in the directory. first of all, how would i compare $1 to see if it's a * character? if or didn't do it. second question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

recognizing *.* in find

hi folks, I am trying to write a script for deleting all the files which are older than "N" days from current directory. CODE: FileName="*.*" NumDays=-1 echo $FileName echo $NumDays find * -prune -name $FileName -mtime $NumDays -exec rm {} \; Now the problem here is when i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarnath
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab not recognizing the jar files

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuutla
0 Replies

4. Linux

Crontab not recognizing the jar files

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuutla
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Apache 2 configure not recognizing options

Hello all. I am trying to compile Apache 2 (again!) and the configure script keeps telling me it does not recognize the options. Everything I am including is in the --help list. For example: --enable-so. First I will put in the LD flags, then configure with the --enable-so option. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recognizing an argument in csh

I will be passing an argument to a csh script The script can be either of two forms For example, either script.csh zloc=5/10 or script.csh zloc=5/10/20 So there can be either two values or three values. How can I distinguish which one the user has inputted? I have made... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

VMBox not Recognizing eth0 on RH.

Hello, I re-installed my laptop and installed a new copy of VMBOX, I created a VM Machine with my Rhel5 and a CEntos copy as well. I am using a laptop HP DV4, I use wireless on the laptop. Usually when I boot up in to either machine I would get eht0 and lo as usual now I just don't get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash not recognizing cluster commands

hi folks, please help me with this, my bash script is not recognizing veritas cluster commands, giving error such as "bash: hastatus: command not found". the piece of code is ssh -p 22022 test02 'hastatus -sum |grep j2ee|grep -i online' > /tmp/j2ee.log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravsharma29
2 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recognizing storage from server

Hi, I need to know what are the storages attached to some of our corporate servers. I run this command from the server only to get a list of WWNs : # /usr/local/bin/evainfo -a Devicefile Array WWNN Capacity ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
CUBRID_NEW_GLO(3)							 1							 CUBRID_NEW_GLO(3)

cubrid_new_glo - Create a glo instance

SYNOPSIS
string cubrid_new_glo (resource $conn_identifier, string $class_name, string $file_name) DESCRIPTION
The cubrid_new_glo(3) function is used to create a glo instance in the requested class (glo class). The glo created is a LO type, and is stored in the $file_name file. PARAMETERS
o $conn_identifier -Connection identifier. o $class_name -Name of the class that you want to create a glo in. o $file_name -The file name that you want to save in the newly created glo. RETURN VALUES
Oid of the instance created, when process is successful. FALSE, when process is unsuccessful. EXAMPLES
Example #1 cubrid_new_glo(3) example <?php $oid = cubrid_new_glo ($con, "glo", "input.jpg"); if ($oid){ // the type of column "image" is "object" $req = cubrid_execute ($con, "insert into person(image) values($oid)"); if ($req) { echo "image inserted successfully"; cubrid_close_request ($req); cubrid_commit($con); } } ?> NOTES
Note For backward compatibility, the following deprecated alias may be used: cubrid_new_glo(3) Note This function is removed from CUBRID 3.1. SEE ALSO
cubrid_save_to_glo(3), cubrid_load_from_glo(3), cubrid_send_glo(3). PHP Documentation Group CUBRID_NEW_GLO(3)