Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Need output in one line and filter servers, which has account expired or password exipred Post 303039926 by yash_message on Thursday 17th of October 2019 03:03:40 PM
Old 10-17-2019
Still looking suggestion.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX Non Expired Password

Hi, I am into production support and handling some of the AIX servers. We are planning to have a user id on a AIX system with non-expired password. Now the question is that if I have a non expired password then I cannot do a interactive login to AIX machine ( i:e cannot do Telnet ,SSH etc)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhhuu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prompting for account that expired

I have this problem. Two accounts in an aix. Account A expired and it would auto prompt for new password when the user failed to log in, but Account B would not prompt for the new password. Instead it will only display "your account is expired. Please contact your administrator". I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayyap
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Root account is expired

Hi all, I am using redhat linux version 9 .I am unable to login to the system and i am getting a warninig sorry root account is expired . How can i activate the account. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallesh
2 Replies

4. Solaris

expired root password

We have expiration set on the root password for 30 days. the only way to login as root remotley is login as another user and then su as root. I logged in to the machine today tried to su as root, and got the message password has expired, use passwd to change but i cant get in as root.. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

5. AIX

HMC User account expired - What now?

I've created an hmc user account for our developers and set a pawword expiry to 30 days. Trouble is when the password expires they are asked to change it in the WebSM gui but it returns an error "XXXX check log file /var/websm/data/....log" which doesn't exist. I've tried resetting the password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: backslash
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reactivate expired account in Linux as a root user

I am an administrator of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. Now one account expired. I wonder how to reactivate the account. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password expired

Hi When i try to login with my username/password i get the following message 'Password for user 'lmathew' has expired - use passwd(1) to update it' please let me know what to do Thanks in advane Ammu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Never Expired for root password

Never expired for root password Guy's I want to change the setting to keep the root password to be nerved expired! Please advice with the sitting! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 user account login expired

Hi everyone Please i need urgent help... I have installed solaris 11 using live media.. then i installed sunray.. every thing is fine.. but after system reboot i am unable to login on server on GUI it gives account expired error or some time authentication failed... but i can log in through... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amk
11 Replies
dxchpwd(1X)															       dxchpwd(1X)

NAME
dxchpwd - Create or change password program SYNOPSIS
dxchpwd dxchpwd -r | -l dxchpwd [-r | -l] -q dxchpwd [-r | -l] -u username OPTIONS
If dxchpwd is invoked without any options, it is assumed that the current user's password is to be changed. The following options are also accepted: Tells dxchpwd that the password change is to be done for a Local user. This can be combined with the -u and -q options. Tells dxchpwd that the password change is to be done for a NIS user. This can only be done from a NIS master and can be combined with the -u and -q options. Tells dxchpwd to query the user for the user name of the account whose password is to be changed. Tells dxchpwd to change this user's password. DESCRIPTION
The dxchpwd command lets you change your password. When you invoke the dxchpwd command, the program prompts you for the old password and then for the new password. Next, the program asks you for the new password again, to verify that you have typed it correctly. Note that the passwords are not displayed on the screen. Your new password must meet the length requirements specified by the authorization database for the user whose password is being changed. If your system is running with enhanced security, you may have to choose a password from a list of randomly generated passwords or you may be prohibited from changing your password until its minimum lifetime has expired, as specified in the authorization database. EXAMPLES
The following example requests that the password be changed for user smith: dxchpwd -u smith FILES
Password file Protected Password Database dxchpwd executable SEE ALSO
X(1X), xdm(1X), passwd(1) dxchpwd(1X)