Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Bash to append array value to file before copying Post 303039862 by Corona688 on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 01:44:51 PM
Old 10-16-2019
The echo you removed was necessary. Without it, you are attempting to run a file named "( cd /path/to/${ID}*/*/folder && exec sshpass -f file.txt scp xxx@xxx.xx.xx.xxx:path/to/destinatio...cn_results.png )" which quite probably does not exist.

Code:
rm -f /tmp/testoutput
for ID in "${array[@]}" ; do
      echo "( cd /path/to/${ID}*/*/folder && exec sshpass -f file.txt scp xxx@xxx.xx.xx.xxx:path/to/destination/${ID}-cn_results.png )"
done | tee /tmp/testoutput | sshpass -f out.txt ssh -o strictHostKeyChecking=no -t xxxx@xxx.xx.xxx.xx

The tee is optional but may help you by duplicating the output in /tmp/testoutput for you to check. * won't expand in /tmp/testoutput but ought to do so on the remote host.

Last edited by Corona688; 10-16-2019 at 02:49 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] redirect (save) array to a file

Hi, I'm trying to write a function that redirects the contents of an array to a file. The array contains the lines of a data file with white space. The function seems to preserve all white space when redirected except that it seems to ignore newlines. As a consequence, the elements of the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASGR
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most reliable way to store file contents in an array in bash

Hi Guys, I have a file which has numbers in it separated by newlines as follows: 1.113 1.456 0.556 0.021 -0.541 -0.444 I am using the following code to store these in an array in bash: FILE14=data.txt ARRAY14=(`awk '{print}' $FILE14`) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob's 1st...bash-script for copying one file into many

I have one file "file.a.b.c-d.r" that I would like to use to spawn 4 other files: "file.a.b.1-A.r" "file.a.b.1-B.r" "file.a.b.1-C.r" "file.a.b.1-D.r" where the field "c-d" changes into my 1 and A-D. I was doing this manually at the prompt with > cp "file.a.b.c-d.r" "file.a.b.1-A.r" >... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: WSUToad
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripting - How to grep a file into an array

I have figured out how to grep the file like this: echo `grep $(date +'%Y-%m-%d') Cos-01.csv | cut -d',' -f1` The above line does echo the correct information from the lines in which my search criteria is found. Now I am trying to get that information (Yes, just one column of every line) into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TwelveDays
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Issues (If statement for file copying)

Writing a bash script for use with Geektool, pulls the battery info, and shuffles images around so that an Image geeklet can display the correct expression as the desktop background. (Eventually I intend to make it more intricate, based on more variables, and add more expressions) I'm extremely... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: The_Ardly374
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing values from file into array in Bash

Hi, I'm trying to write a bash script that takes a file and passes each line from the file into an array with elements separated by column. For example: Sample file "file1.txt": 1 name1 a first 2 name2 b second 3 name3 c third and have arrays such as: line1 = ( "1" "name1" "a"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShiGua
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append awk results into file or array

for a in {1..100} do awk '{ sum+=$a} END {print sum}' a=$a file1 > file2 done I know I will get only one number if following the code above, how can I get 100 sum numbers in file2? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp with bash, append file where left off

I'm working on a bash script to finish uploading a file. I need a way to get $filesize so that "restart $filesize" will work. Here is my script: ftp -n -v <<END_SCRIPT open ftp.$domain user $user@$domain $password size $file restart $filesize put $file quit END_SCRIPTWayne Sallee... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: WayneSallee
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash append values if keywords are present in the file

Hi Team, i have a web ui where user will be passing values and the output will be saved to a file say test with the following contents . These below mentioned values will change according to the user_input Just gave here one example Contents of file test is given below Gateway... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
7 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Create a bash array from a flat file of whitespaces only.

Hi guys and gals... MacBook Pro. OSX 10.13.2, default bash terminal. I have a flat file 1920 bytes in size of whitespaces only. I need to put every single whitespace character into a bash array cell. Below are two methods that work, but both are seriously ugly. The first one requires that I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies
ALFILLDB(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       ALFILLDB(1)

NAME
alfilldb - Add/update information of music files in the AudioLink database SYNOPSIS
alfilldb [OPTION]... /path/to/songs/... alfilldb [OPTION]... --file=/path/to/song... DESCRIPTION
You can use this script to add or update information about your music files (MP3 or Ogg Vorbis) in the AudioLink database. This information will be used when you use the alsearch(1) program to search for particular music. This program is part of the audiolink(1) package. The path given for the location of individual files or directories must be an absolute path (paths with ~ are allowed). Relative paths are not allowed. See the "examples" section for more information. The user and password options have to be specified to gain access to the database. See the "more information" section in the audiolink(1) man page for the various ways in which you can specify them. Options that are used repetitively during different invocations of the program (like the user, password options) may be put in the config file. See the audiolink(1) man page for details on the config file. OPTIONS
--add-only Only the information about new songs will be added to the database; information about existing songs will not be updated. --file=xxx Works on just a single file instead of a directory. If this argument is given, the /path/to/dirs is not considered. (You can have more than one of these). --help Brief usage information --host=xxx Connects to the MySQL server on the given host. Default is localhost. --no-prompt Don't prompt for anything. Songs which do not have information for mandatory fields (eg., song title) will not be added to the database. --pass=xxx Password for accessing the database --prompt=xxx Prompt for input if there isn't enough information in the song (ID3 or Ogg Vorbis comments). The parameters that prompt accepts are: basic Prompts just for the album name and the artist/band name limited Prompts for album, artist/band, genre and year fields most Prompt for all the fields except the Male, Female Artists and the Track number paranoid Prompt for all the fields, including Male Artist (1/2), Female Artist (1/2), Track Number. -s, --na Simulate or no-act mode: doesn't update the database. --upd-only Only entries in the database will be updated from the input the user gives. Make sure you don't use the --no-prompt option along with this one... else you won't get anything done! --upd-song Update the tags in the file, ie, ID3 for MP3, comments for Ogg Vorbis. --user=xxx Username for accessing the database --verbose Displays some extra information while processing files EXAMPLES
"alfilldb --add-only /home/user/tmp/songs/" This invocation will scan the /home/user/tmp/songs directory recursively for new songs only. Songs already existing in the database will not be considered. "alfilldb --upd-only --prompt=most ~/tmp/songs/" This invocation will scan the $(HOME)/tmp/songs directory recursively for the current user for incomplete information in the database. "alfilldb ~user/tmp/songs/" This invocation will scan the /home/user/tmp/songs folder for music files; will add new entries to the database as well as update the existing ones. "alfilldb --file=~/tmp/songs/somefile.ogg --file=~/tmp/songs/otherfile.mp3" This invocation will just add (or update) information about the files $(HOME)/tmp/songs/somefile.ogg and $(HOME)/tmp/songs/otherfile.mp3. CAVEATS
If the --prompt option is not specified, alfilldb will just prompt for the title of the song being processed. The title information is asked only if the ID3 tag or the Vorbis comment doesn't contain the title. This behavior can be overriden by the --no-prompt option, and in this case, the entry for the file will not be made, since the song title is a mandatory field for storing song information in the datbase. If neither of --add-only or --upd-only are specified, the default action is to add new entries as well as update existing ones. If the ID3 tags or Vorbis comments for a file were updated after entries were made in the AudioLink database, they will not be reflected in the database. If you want to maintain consistency, it is advised that you keep the database updated (by using the --upd-only option) and then update the ID3 tag in the MP3 or the comment in the Ogg Vorbis file (by running alfilldb with the --upd-only option). SEE ALSO
L<audiolink(1)>, L<alsearch(1)> The current version of this man page is available on the AudioLink website at <http://audiolink.sourceforge.net/>. BUGS
Report bugs related to the AudioLink software or the man pages to the audiolink-devel mailing list <audiolink-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>. AUTHOR
This manual page is written and maintained by Amit Shah <amitshah@gmx.net> COPYRIGHT
The AudioLink package is Copyright (C) 2003, Amit Shah <amitshah@gmx.net>. All the programs and the documentation that come as part of AudioLink are licensed by the GNU General Public License v2 (GPLv2). perl v5.14.2 2012-04-09 ALFILLDB(1)