Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Two days ahead
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Two days ahead Post 303039818 by gull04 on Wednesday 16th of October 2019 04:48:58 AM
Old 10-16-2019
Hi,

You should be able to use the date command as follows/

Code:
DATE=$(date -d "+2 days")

You don't say what the OS is so your local date command may vary.

Regards

Gull04

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Experts Only! Hard Question Ahead!!!!

SunOS5.8 is a radical departure from SunOs4.X in many ways. one of the important differences is the handling of devices. Adding devices under SunOS4.x required a kernel reconfiguration, recompliation and reboot. Under SunOS5.X, this has changed with the ability to add some drivers on the fly.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Foo49272
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Read-ahead in HP-UX

One cool thing about unix is that it predicts disk blocks that you may need and tries to have them in core before you need them. Over the years, various unix vendors tried various algorithms to improve performance. HP has patented their latest algorithm... Multi-threaded Read Ahead Prediction... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL look ahead and behind ...

I would like to search a router config file for "ip address $ip", once found, I want to grab the line just before that contains "interface $interfacetype" basically saying, 10.3.127.9 is assigned to "Loopback1" given the below as an example. interface Loopback1 ip address 10.3.127.9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

4. AIX

CIO/DIO and JFS2 read ahead

Hi Guys, I wonder if after enabling CIO/DIO at the filesystem level and assuming that CIO/DIO will bypass the JFS2 read ahead available when not using CIO/DIO my questionis what parameters I can play with to tune/improve the CIO in order to obtain similar performance for sequential reads (... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting line ahead and next using AWK or SED

:confused: Good Day, I have this script that gets the archive names and the time it applies based on the alert log. The application of archives are of daily basis and usually many so having this script helps my job become easier. My problem is that when i get all the time stamps and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ownins
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

trim 0 ahead of a time,pls help~

Hi, I am trying to write a ksh to compare the time in a date date Thu Jul 1 09:01:24 PDT 2010 when I try to get hour date | awk '{print $4}' | cut -f1 -d: 08 how I can trim the 0 ahead of 08 to make it 8? please help~ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
7 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

NFS Share Time an Hour Ahead

Time on unix server shows 8:00a CST Time on Windows 7 Box shows 8:00a CST However when you access an NFS share the time stamp on the files show an hour ahead? Talking about a newly created file shows an hour ahead so at 8:00a the file will show a time stamp of 9:00a CST the problem it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul Standley
1 Replies
lchage(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lchage(1)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration (i.e. to ignore --mindays, and --maxdays and related settings). Set days to 0 to enforce password change on next login. (This also disables password expiration until the password is changed.) -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user is required to change the password). Set days to -1 to keep the account enabled indefinitely after password expiration. -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 or -1 to disable this requirement. If this value is larger than the value set by --maxdays, the user cannot change the pasword. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). Set days to 0 or -1 to disable the warning. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. NOTES
Note that "account expiration" (set by --expire) is distinct from "password expiration" (set by --maxdays). Account expiration happens on a fixed date regardless of password changes. Password expiration is relative to the date of last password change. libuser Nov 8 2012 lchage(1)