Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script for password changes help Post 303039784 by Corona688 on Tuesday 15th of October 2019 12:23:11 PM
Old 10-15-2019
Password systems are designed to stop you from doing what you're attempting to do. They do not accept input from a program, just a terminal. To get around this, you will need to use an insecure brute-forcing tool like expect.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Bash script prompt for sudo password?

I'm making a script that will be a double clickable .command file and I need it to prompt for the users admin password. So far I have: if ]; then sudo -p "Please enter your admin password: " date 2>/dev/null 1>&2 if ; then echo "You entered an invalid password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatGmac
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a MySql password from bash script

Hi all, I am running this script on Mandrakelinux release 10.1, 2.6.8.1-12mdksmp #1 SMP I have also installed 'expect' separately. I have created an Rsync script, but before any Rsync command does run, a MySql dump must be done first, and I am battling a bit to pass the MySql password from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to hide password in bash script?

Dear folks, The title of my thread says mostly all of what I want to do. Basically I want to auto-ssh to a remote host, and run a program on it (VLC is just an example). I wrote a script which calls xterm and then runs expect on it. The code is as follow #!/bin/bash export PASS="xxxxxxx"... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: dukevn
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for password recovery

Hi all, I'm a complete newbie to bash scripting, although I have some experience in programming. The thing is that I have a .dmg file on my mac which I protected with a password, and now I've forgotten it. I remember the first few letters of the password and the characters that represent the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujay.jauhar
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feeding password in bash script

Hello I am doing some test. In a script I have to call a change password routine ( ldap ) which ask confirmation. This can be done from terminal. Is there a way to do something like this : #!/bin/bash # blabla blabla blabla blabla # changing_password_routine user_name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking Password from within a Bash Shell Script

Is there a way to mask the password inside of a script to minimize the impact of a comprimised server? So ssh -o "PasswordAuthentication no" -o "HostbasedAuthentication yes" -l testuser 192.168.3.1 "mysqldump --opt --all-databases -u root -pPassword| gzip" > $backup_dir/mysqldump.gz a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a password protected bash script resist/refuse “bash -x” when the password is given

I want to give my long scripts to customer. The customer must not be able to read the scripts even if he has the password. The following command locks and unlocks the script but the set +x is simply ignored. The code: read -p 'Script: ' S && C=$S.crypt H='eval "$((dd if=$0 bs=1 skip=//|gpg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password check in bash script calling on expect

password check in bash script calling on expect Background: I have to copy a file from one server, to over 100 servers in a test environment. once the file is copied, it requires to have the permissions on the file changed/verified. These are all linux servers. most of them have the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2legit2quit
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Set password in bash script without manual entry-Solaris 10

Hi I have a root script which is setting up user and his dirs and so on. After I create user and set up all the necessary I have to manually set user password. I try all possible ways what google find me and nothing works for me. If maybe one of you have a solution for my problem it will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jaffakeks
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To send ID and Password for each command using expect feature in bash script

Dear Tech Guys, I am trying to send some commands on the local server and it always asks for user name and password after each command. To serve the purpose I am using expect function as follows: #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 20 spawn "./data1.sh" expect "Please Enter UserName: "... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xtreme
6 Replies
XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)

NAME
xsil2graphics - generate scripts to load xsil output data files SYNOPSIS
xsil2graphics [options] <xsil_file> DESCRIPTION
Utility program bundled with xmds, used to generate scripts that load simulation output data into either matlab (http://www.mathworks.com) or scilab (http://www.scilab.org), which are then used to manipulate the results further if necessary and then to present the results graphically. Matlab To generate a matlab m-file, from the xsil file data_file.xsil use the command: bash$ xsil2graphics data_file.xsil or bash$ xsil2graphics --matlab data_file.xsil Then at the matlab command prompt: >> data_file Scilab To generate a scilab script file, from the xsil file data_file.xsil use the command: bash$ xsil2graphics --scilab data_file.xsil Then at the scilab command prompt: --> exec('data_file.sci') OPTIONS
-m, --matlab generate matlab m-file script to load data from the xsil data file (the default option) -s, -scilab generate scilab script file to load data from the xsil data file -o, --outfile <out_file> specify an alternative output script filename to the default which is the input xsil filename with the .xsil extension changed to either .m for the matlab m-file or .sci for the scilab script file EXAMPLES
bash$ xsil2graphics nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse.m to load the data into matlab bash$ xsil2graphics -m nlse.xsil Also generates the output nlse.m but explicitly sets matlab to be the output format bash$ xsil2graphics --scilab nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse.sci to load the data into scilab bash$ xsil2graphics --outfile nlse_new.m nlse.xsil Generates the output nlse_new.m to load the data into matlab AUTHORS
Originally written by Greg Collecutt Maintained by Paul Cochrane with code contributed by Joe Hope BUGS
No known bugs. SEE ALSO
xmds(1), loadxsil(1) http://www.xmds.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Code contributed by Greg Collecutt, Joseph Hope and Paul Cochrane This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. perl v5.8.2 2004-06-21 XSIL2GRAPHICS(1)