Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Assistance to connect to servers via ssh once and collect various commands into separate variables Post 303039593 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 10th of October 2019 02:37:03 AM
Old 10-10-2019
Attention:
ssh -qn is ssh -q -n where -n inhibits reading from stdin - good for ssh -q -n remotehost remotecommand. But it must be ssh -q remotehost < file and ssh -q remotehost << heredoc and ssh -q remotehost <<< herestring because here you want it to read from stdin.

Also I suspect that in a normal here-document the backtick expression `uname -r`is already locally evaluated, so the local result will be passed to the remote host.
A workaround is <<-"EOFSSH" where the quotes should suppress the immediate evaluation of backtick-expressions and all kinds of $-expressions in the following here-document.

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 10-10-2019 at 03:42 AM..
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to connect sftp servers

Dear friends, i need to connect sftp server from my home directory using script . Please can anyone help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with appending strings using sed and variables

HI, Can't seem to find anything on the forums to fix this. I have a file, one line within this will not have a specific string at the end. I have the string, but need to append it to the specific line which has it missing. I need to use a variable for this, $string - I am using double... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandriver
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant separate variables

Hey guys, new problem....im not being able to seperate variables. the code runs like this... OPTIONS=$(awk '{print $2}' /etc/fstab} a=$(zenity --list --text "Mount points selection" --radiolist --column "choice" --column "mountpt" FALSE $OPTIONS); echo $a Note: the result i get is that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplate07
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Remote Commands via SSH with variables

Hi there I found the Command to send commands to other servers like: sv01> ssh user@sv02 'ps -ef' But I cant use Variables from a script i want to execute on another server like: sv01> ssh user@sv02 'cd $SCRIPTHOME' although the variable is set on sv01. How can I run commands on sv02 with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSwiss
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need assistance on Calling DB user from separate file in Shell script

Hi All, I need to execute a SQL via shell script and i am connecting to Oracle DB by this way $USERNAME1/$PASSWORD1@$STRING1 and i need to get username, password and string from someother file stored in the Unix Directory. $Username, $Password and $String is stored in File A in Path A and i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathish.tn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to multiple servers using SSH and execute commands

Requirement: Run a shell script with below inputs file name checksum path the script should go to multiple servers (around 35) and verify the input cksum and if there is a mismatch display a simple message to the user that cksum verification failed. host details, user id /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicableperson
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Collect files from different servers to a single server and append them

Hi, I have script1.sh on 3 servers. I want to collect output report generated by them to a single server and append all the reports. Please tell me how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratikm23
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to connect to multiple ssh servers

Hello, I have access to several linux servers (mostly centos based) located in a DC in another country. from day to day I need to login to each of them to do some work (they dont have gui/window manager installed, I work only from console), or even to just do a check like df -h for disc usage.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaRiOsGR
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find active SSH servers w/ ssh keys on LAN

Hi, I am trying to complete my bash script in order to find which SSH servers on LAN are still active with the ssh keys, but i am frozen at this step: #!/bin/bash # LAN SSH KEYS DISCOVERY SCRIPT </etc/passwd \ grep /bin/bash | cut -d: -f6 | sudo xargs -i -- sh -c ' && cat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: syrius
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)					   User Commands				       ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)

NAME
ssh-socks5-proxy-connect - Secure Shell proxy for SOCKS5 SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect [-h socks5_proxy_host] [-p socks5_proxy_port] connect_host connect_port DESCRIPTION
A proxy command for ssh(1) that uses SOCKS5 (RFC 1928). Typical use is where connections external to a network are only allowed via a socks gateway server. This proxy command does not provide any of the SOCKS5 authentication mechanisms defined in RFC 1928. Only anonymous connections are possi- ble. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h socks5_proxy_host Specifies the proxy web server through which to connect. Overrides the SOCKS5_SERVER environment variable. -p socks5_proxy_port Specifies the port on which the proxy web server runs. If not specified, port 80 is assumed. Overrides the SOCKS5_PORT environment variable. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: socks5_proxy_host The host name or IP address (IPv4 or IPv6) of the proxy. socks5_proxy_port The numeric port number to connect to on socks5_proxy_host. connect_host The name of the remote host to which the socks gateway is to connect you. connect_port The numeric port number of the socks gateway to connect you to on connect_host. EXAMPLES
The recommended way to use a proxy connection command is to configure the ProxyCommand in ssh_config(4) (see Example 1 and Example 2). Example 3 shows how the proxy command can be specified on the command line when running ssh(1). Example 1: Setting the proxy from the environment The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect in ssh_config(4) when the proxy is set from the environment: Host playtime.foo.com ProxyCommand /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect playtime.foo.com 22 Example 2: Overriding proxy environment variables The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect in ssh_config(4) to override (or if not set) proxy environment variables: Host playtime.foo.com ProxyCommand /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect -h socks-gw -p 1080 playtime.foo.com 22 Example 3: Using the command line The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect from the ssh(1) command line: example$ ssh -o'ProxyCommand=/usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect -h socks-gw -p 1080 playtime.foo.com 22' playtime.foo.com ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SOCKS5_SERVER Takes socks5_proxy_host operand to specify the default proxy host. SOCKS5_PORT Takes socks5_proxy_port operand to specify the default proxy port. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-http-proxy-connect(1), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 30 Oct 2002 ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)