Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to end script in a cron job? Post 303039337 by jduehmig on Tuesday 1st of October 2019 08:06:27 AM
Old 10-01-2019
Thank you for the great tips. I've added your suggestions to my script and I'll check on it tomorrow.
Joe

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up cron job for month end week report

Hi all, Needs your help in scheduling a cron job for the below mentioned requirement. Just let me know if anybody has a similar job running as mentioned below: Month end reports - Report of all items created in a parent table that were created during the week. Presently this report runs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron job for Perl script

Although there are many threads on this forum regarding cron, none have specifically answered my question. So hopefully someone can shed some light on what I'm doing wrong.. I have a perl script that I want to run in a cron job. Since I've read that cron doesn't have any environments set, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: man
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with a script run by a cron job.

Hi, new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm new to cron jobs and scripts, and I need some help with a script to be used with a cron job. I already have a bot set up at a certain website address and need a script that the cron job will load every day that tells it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: klawless
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment out a cron job as part of a script

Greetings, I am creating a ksh script to automate the installation of a utility on many servers. As part of this install, I want to check for a job in root's crontab. If the job exists, I need to comment it out. I know I will need to copy off the crontab then read it back in, but I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job shell script..

Hey Guys, i was trying out a shell script which has to remove a file for every 90 mins. this is the code i came up with . $ crontab -e file1 file1 contains 30 1 * * * * rm -r /folder1/folder2/somefile.txt Now i need the cron to run for every 90 mins. the problem with this is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script file using cron job every 5 second

Hi All, I beginner in unix, i have no idea how to set the script file using cron job every 5 second. I also want to execute automatically the output to text file.This is my script name countsys.sh and my textfile abc.txt. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
6 Replies

7. Solaris

cron job for phython script

Hello, How do I schedule a cron job for a phython script to run every hour? Also, in case in future I decide to edit/cancel the job how should i do it? Does it matter where my phython script is located? Also, I have am using mailx utility in my script to send me an email and dont want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhans
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a cron job and specified the start and end time

Hi guys, How can I specify the start and end time of a cron job. And my start time and end time are specified by minutes. For example, I want to set up a cron runs every 3 minutes from 18:40 to midnight. How can i do this please? Many thanks Best regards, Clu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while running a script through cron job

Hi Team, When i am running the below query manually it is giving me the right output i.e. export PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:$PATH ADMIN=abc@abc.com CPU_HIGH=`sar|awk '{print $9}'|sort -n|head -5|sed -n 5p` CPU_MAX=`echo "scale=3; 100-$CPU_HIGH" | bc` CPU_LOW=`sar|awk '{print... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ekamjot
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Submitting cron job through script

I would like to run a script, as root, which will eventually set up cron job for a non privilege user. Please advice. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
9 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)