Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to find the count of IP addresses that belong to different subnets and display the count? Post 303039311 by new2prog on Monday 30th of September 2019 02:55:30 PM
Old 09-30-2019
How to find the count of IP addresses that belong to different subnets and display the count?

Hi,

I have a file with a list of bunch of IP addresses from different VLAN's . I am trying to find the list the number of each vlan occurence in the output
Here is how my file looks like
Code:

So what I am trying to get out of this is to using grep and count mechanism to spit something like this
Code:
1.1.1.x  occrences 3
1.1.2.x  occrences 2
1.1.3.x  occrences 4

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags to wrap code fragments or data samples.

Last edited by Yoda; 09-30-2019 at 05:15 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the count of files

I am new to shell programming. Can anyone help me out with anyone of these? Display a count of the number of regular files, the number of symbolic links, the number of sub-directories, the number of block-special files, and the number of character-special files in the directory. I don't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wayne1411
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IPv4 addresses: count/output and Awk/Sed

Hi forum. I am fairly new to scripting and use a simple script to process e-mails for my work. These e-mails contain a list of IPv4 IPs that I process and seperate into text files, which are then attached to a larger, 'digest' e-mail. I also put some of the output from the text files into the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laebshade
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display and count

Hi there, I'd like to find a way to display a string and count the words in it. supernova:~# echo 'hello world' | tee - | wc Unfortunately, this doesn't work. Any idea? Thanks in advance. Santiago (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

d. Write a shell script to count the number of accounts which belong to particular primary

guys, I am new shelll scripting.. this a question on passt exam paper, I was trying to solve it , I can not. the question is as follow? a. Write a shell script to count the number of accounts which belong to particular primary group in a standard UNIX system which uses local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gurmad
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

count identical strings print last row and count

I have a sorted file like: Apple 3 Apple 5 Apple 8 Banana 2 Banana 3 Grape 31 Orange 7 Orange 13 I'd like to search $1 and if $1 is not the same as $1 in the previous row print that row and print the number of times $1 was found. so the output would look like: Apple 8 3 Banana... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read File and Display The Count of a particular field

Hi Mates, I require help in the following: I have the following file snmp.txt Wed Mar 2 16:02:39 SGT 2011 Class : mmTrapBladeS origin : 10.0.0.0 hostname : 10.0.0.2 msg : IBM Blade Alert: Calendar Index : 10.0.0.2-IBMBLADE Fri Mar 4 07:10:54 SGT 2011 Class : mmTrapBladeS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Single UNIX command to display users and to count them

Hello everyone, I am new to Unix and I am stuck with a problem. I need only a single command to display the output of who and then add the total number of users and display at the bottom of that output. Example-: (Expected output) sreyan@debian:~$ <command> sreyan tty7 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file1 header count with file2 line count

What I'm trying to accomplish. I receive a Header and Detail file for daily processing. The detail file comes first which holds data, the header is a receipt of the detail file and has the detail files record count. Before processing the detail file I would like to put a wrapper around another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pone2332
4 Replies

9. Programming

SQL*PLUS How to display a count of 0

Hi, I have been frantically googling and checking some sqlplus forums, but can't find the correct syntax. Basically within sqlplus I want to do a count on a table and if the count is 0 it displays 0 instead of "no rows found". For eample: select count(*) from tableA where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)