Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users [Tip] How to display the number of logged-in users Post 303039054 by Ronald0258 on Saturday 21st of September 2019 08:26:15 AM
Old 09-21-2019
Thanks for the info!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how many users logged

in unix what is the syntax to find out how many users are currently logged in (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the number of users logged in

Hi, can u say to display the number of users that logged before me. thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanshine
10 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

logged out users

how to find out users who logged out within 5 minutes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roshni
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users Not Logged in

I have searched the forums but have not mangaed to quite find what im looking for. I have used to /etc/passwd command to present me a list of all users the who command to present all users currently logged on, but what i want to know is what command can i use to display users that are registered... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How many users are logged in?

How do I find this out? I have a feeling its a simple command such as who, but I just don't know what it is. I've had a search on here but either I can't put it into the right search criteria or there isn't a topic on it. Thanks. EDIT: Delete this thread, as I posted it I noticed the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris_rabz
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Help: users who are not logged into the system to display

A Newbie here, I am working on a script and am having problems with the else part of the script. I can't get the users who are not logged into the system to display on the screen with their username and the text "The user is not logged in". I am sure it is something simple and stupid, but I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchirico
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

number of users logged in script

My admin needs a shell script in Korn that will show conditions based on users logged in. I have never used the Korn shell and have no clue what I am doing, can anyone help. here are the conditions that need to be returned. if users are below 5 displays should be: performance is high if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vthokiefan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the users logged in according to the number of processes

Is it possible to get a list of users sorted by the number of processes executed by each. I have a HP - UX server with 2800 processes running currently. And I want to know the number of processes owned by each person logged in to that server.something like below: user1 : 150 Processes user2 :... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total number of users logged in a server from uptime

how to find out total number of users logged in a server from uptime . i mean to say i need the total output of unix command . who gives the out put at a particular time . I need at all time from which machine who has connected , (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiya.te@gmail
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users logged into the system

So I'm trying to write a single line command So I have to use last first in this command and I've figured out the format my professor wants it in, something like thislast | cut -d' ' -f1,15 | sort > check | uniq -c.... and I never can get it right, when I just last command I get something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoubleAlpha
2 Replies
INFO(5) 							File Formats Manual							   INFO(5)

NAME
info - readable online documentation DESCRIPTION
The Info file format is an easily-parsable representation for online documents. It can be read by emacs(1) and info(1) among other pro- grams. Info files are usually created from texinfo(5) sources by makeinfo(1), but can be created from scratch if so desired. For a full description of the Texinfo language and associated tools, please see the Texinfo manual (written in Texinfo itself). Most likely, running this command from your shell: info texinfo or this key sequence from inside Emacs: M-x info RET m texinfo RET will get you there. AVAILABILITY
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/texinfo-<version>.tar.gz or any GNU mirror site. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. SEE ALSO
info(1), install-info(1), makeinfo(1), texi2dvi(1), texindex(1). emacs(1), tex(1). texinfo(5). FSF
GNU Info INFO(5)