Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Python] - subprocess issue
Top Forums Programming [Python] - subprocess issue Post 303038963 by scj2012 on Wednesday 18th of September 2019 10:59:54 AM
Old 09-18-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
My understanding is the operation of the two are different:

Documentation -

Try getting get rid of the shlex,
Code:
subprocess.check_output( [ "command" "parameter_1" ])

That's not going to work. I need the shlex and even if I didn't have it, it still wouldn't work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt about pipes and subprocess

Hi, I am having a trivial doubt. Please see the below pipeline code sequence. command1 | (command 2; commend 3) I am aware that the command that follows pipe will run in the sub shell by the Unix kernel. But how about here? Since these set of commands are grouped under "parantheses", will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Permissions Issue with Python

I have a cron on a Linux server that isn't executing properly. CRON (with specific info replaced): MAILTO=emailaddress@server.com */2 * * * * python /data/site/cron.py OUTPUT: python: can't open file '/data/site/cron.py ': No such file or directoryAdditional info - The python path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theHire
3 Replies

3. AIX

Subprocess errors

Hi Guys, Just a question about subprocesses.. Lately one of our servers has started to throw out the following error: SYSTEM ERROR: Too many subprocesses, cannot fork. Errno=12 We've already increased the threshold twice. Its now up to 8000 and the swap space has also been increased. We... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

python: what's wrong with my subprocess.Popen

my script is #!/usr/bin/env python import datetime import subprocess import sys import os import signal from time import sleep def runForAWhile(cmd, secs=10): print("running %s" % cmd) timeout = datetime.timedelta(seconds=secs) print timeout proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python subprocess module

I need to run this command using python subprocess module (notice I'm using only variables): cmd = TESTPATH + ' -s ' + serviceName + ' -r ' + rdir + \ ' -m ' + masterAcct + ' -p ' + persona + ' -P ' + passwd (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erick_tuk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xterm using python subprocess

Hi, I am trying to run a shell script using subprocess in python. I can run simple script with arguments using subprocess.But I am not able to embed xterm in subrocess command. #!/usr/bin/python import subprocess subprocess.call() Above code gives me error. Please help me in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python subprocess

Hi guys, I'm learning python and perl and i was trying to run from python a perl script using the subprocess module. I have an issue that i don't understand regarding this. I run this code: #!/usr/bin/python import subprocess p2 = subprocess.Popen(,stdout=subprocess.PIPE) output2 =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitanui
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Thread Execution Issue . . .

Greetings! I set up a basic threading specimen which does the job:#!/usr/bin/python import threading class a(threading.Thread): def __init__(self): threading.Thread.__init__(self) def run(self): print("thread a finished") class b(threading.Thread): ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
0 Replies

9. Programming

Python[Issue in converting .py to .exe using py2exe

Hi Experts, Good morning. I am trying to convert my hello.py to hello .exe file. I followed the steps as mentioned in the documentation but getting errors in the end. Please help. What I did as below-- Created hello.py file print ("Hello world!") raw_input('') Then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue Spliting String in Python

I have a string like below Note: I have have a single to any number of comma "," seperated string assigned to jdbc_trgt variable. I need to split jdbc_trgt using comma(,) as the delimiter. I tried the below but it fails as i dont know how can i read each split string iterately. for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)					      General Commands Manual						PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)

NAME
python-coverage - measure code coverage of Python program execution SYNOPSIS
python-coverage -x module.py [ARG...] python-coverage -e python-coverage -r [-m] python-coverage -a [file...] DESCRIPTION
python-coverage executes a Python program and measures which of its statements are executed and which are not. It stores the information in the file .coverage in the current working directory. OPTIONS
-e Erase the .coverage file. -x Execute a Python module, giving it the remaining command line arguments. -r Produce a coverage report. -m With -r, show the line numbers that were missed by the execution. -a Annotate source files. For each source file foo, produce foo,cover, with executed lines prefixed by ">" and non-executed by "!". --help Produce a help summary. It might be more helpful than this manual page. AUTHOR
The python-coverage command is a one-line Python script which calls the coverage.py Python module to do all the work. The module was rigi- nally developed by Gareth Rees, and is now developed by Ned Batchelder. The module's home page is http://www.nedbatchelder.com/code/modules/coverage.html. This manual page was cobbled together by Lars Wirzenius for Debian, by copy-pasting from the help texts from the module. PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)