Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Building JSON command with bash script Post 303038955 by psysc0rpi0n on Wednesday 18th of September 2019 08:59:02 AM
Old 09-18-2019
Hello again.

Well, I'm already using it (since yesterday which was when I found it - jq I mean).

So, I'll be a little bit more accurate about the thing.
The app is to process bitcoin payments to several bitcoin addresses. These addresses are in a file. One address per line.
The code I have (I cannot share it right now because I'm at work and the code I have in Github is not updated with the one I have in my personal laptop) reads the file, line by line, counts how many lines it read, then checks how much BTC there is in a certain wallet and divides that value by the number of addresses loaded from the file. This way, the available BTC amount is equally sent to as many addresses that were loaded from the file.

The only thing missing in my script is building this long command.
I'll share the code I have at the moment, later when I get home.

But the way I built it was by preppending the leading special chars to a variable, then appending each address loaded from the file already wrapped in braces, backslash and double quotes. Something like:

Code:
load_addresses # this is a function
BTCsendVal=$(printf "%.8f" $(bitcoin-cli -getbalance / $numberAddr | bc -l)) # evaluate the amount of BTC to send to each loaded address
com_params="\"\" \"{"
count=0
for i in $addr_list
count++
do
    if [[ $count -eq $numberAddr ]]; then
         com_param+="\\\"$i\\\""
    else
        com_param+="\\\"$i\\\","
done
com_params+="$params_n"
com_params+="params_[n+1]"
#etc etc

I might have missed some details in this code. I can't remember all the details accuratelly of the code I have, but this way, the command parameters will be seen as a single very long string!

I have some questions before I can even start playing with 'jq'.

The first parameter/argument is a double quotes with nothing inside it. Docs says its for back compatibility. But is this first parameter also considered a JSON element/or whatever it can be called?

What about the other parameters that are not wrapped in {}s or []s ???? Are those also to be processed by 'jq'?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building command line parameters of arbitrary length

I couldn't find an existing thread that addressed this question, so hopefully this isn't redundant with anything previously posted. Here goes: I am writing a C-Shell script that runs a program that takes an arbitrary number of parameters: myprog -a file1 \ -b file2 \ -c file3 ... \ -n... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmcnorgan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH SCRIPT of LS command

I need help in writing a BASH SCRIPT of ls command. for example: $ ./do_ls.sh files f1.txt f2.jpeg f3.doc $ ./do_ls.sh dirs folder1 folder2 folder3 My attempt: #!/bin/bash # if test $# -d file then echo $dirs else (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: above8k
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to define a variable in a BASH script by using a JSON file online?

Hello, I would like to modify an existing script of mine that uses a manually defined "MCVERSION" variable and make it define that variable instead based on this JSON file stored online: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/versions.json Within that JSON, I 'm looking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - cygwin (powershell?) pull from GitHub API Parse JSON

All, Have a weird issue where i need to generate a report from GitHub monthly detailing user accounts and the last time they logged in. I'm using a windows box to do this (work issued) and would like to know if anyone has any experience scripting for GitAPI using windows / cygwin / powershell?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX or Perl script to convert JSON to CSV

Is there a Unix or Perl script that converts JSON files to CSV or tab delimited format? We are running AIX 6.1. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warpmail
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and Editing a json file with bash script

I am trying to automate editing of a json file using bash script. The file I initially receive is { "appMap": { "URL1": { "name": "a" }, "URL2": { "name": "b" }, "URL3": { "name": "c" }, } WHat I would like to do is replace... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Json field grap via shell script/awk

i have a json data that looks like this: { "ip": "16.66.35.10", "hostname": "No Hostname", "city": "Stepney", "region": "England", "country": "GB", "loc": "51.57,-0.0333", "org": "AS6871 British Telecommunications PLC", "postal": "E1" } im looking for a way to assign... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

JSON structure to table form in awk, bash

Hello guys, I want to parse a JSON file in order to get the data in a table form. My JSON file is like this: { "document":{ "page": }, { "column": } ] }, { ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gescad
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fun with terminal plotting JSON data at the command line

One of the great thing about unix is the ability to pipe multiple programs together to manipulate data. Plain, unstructured text is the most common type of data that is passed between programs, but these days JSON is becoming more popular. I thought it would be fun to pipe together some command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kbrazil
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert any shell command output to JSON format?

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting, Need your help in creating a shell script which converts any unix command output to JSON format output. example: sample df -h command ouput : Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8.1G 4.0G 4.0G 50% /... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
13 Replies
ADDR2LINE(1)						       GNU Development Tools						      ADDR2LINE(1)

NAME
addr2line - convert addresses into file names and line numbers. SYNOPSIS
addr2line [-a|--addresses] [-b bfdname|--target=bfdname] [-C|--demangle[=style]] [-e filename|--exe=filename] [-f|--functions] [-s|--basename] [-i|--inlines] [-p|--pretty-print] [-j|--section=name] [-H|--help] [-V|--version] [addr addr ...] DESCRIPTION
addr2line translates addresses into file names and line numbers. Given an address in an executable or an offset in a section of a relocatable object, it uses the debugging information to figure out which file name and line number are associated with it. The executable or relocatable object to use is specified with the -e option. The default is the file a.out. The section in the relocatable object to use is specified with the -j option. addr2line has two modes of operation. In the first, hexadecimal addresses are specified on the command line, and addr2line displays the file name and line number for each address. In the second, addr2line reads hexadecimal addresses from standard input, and prints the file name and line number for each address on standard output. In this mode, addr2line may be used in a pipe to convert dynamically chosen addresses. The format of the output is FILENAME:LINENO. By default each input address generates one line of output. Two options can generate additional lines before each FILENAME:LINENO line (in that order). If the -a option is used then a line with the input address is displayed. If the -f option is used, then a line with the FUNCTIONNAME is displayed. This is the name of the function containing the address. One option can generate additional lines after the FILENAME:LINENO line. If the -i option is used and the code at the given address is present there because of inlining by the compiler then additional lines are displayed afterwards. One or two extra lines (if the -f option is used) are displayed for each inlined function. Alternatively if the -p option is used then each input address generates a single, long, output line containing the address, the function name, the file name and the line number. If the -i option has also been used then any inlined functions will be displayed in the same manner, but on separate lines, and prefixed by the text (inlined by). If the file name or function name can not be determined, addr2line will print two question marks in their place. If the line number can not be determined, addr2line will print 0. OPTIONS
The long and short forms of options, shown here as alternatives, are equivalent. -a --addresses Display the address before the function name, file and line number information. The address is printed with a 0x prefix to easily identify it. -b bfdname --target=bfdname Specify that the object-code format for the object files is bfdname. -C --demangle[=style] Decode (demangle) low-level symbol names into user-level names. Besides removing any initial underscore prepended by the system, this makes C++ function names readable. Different compilers have different mangling styles. The optional demangling style argument can be used to choose an appropriate demangling style for your compiler. -e filename --exe=filename Specify the name of the executable for which addresses should be translated. The default file is a.out. -f --functions Display function names as well as file and line number information. -s --basenames Display only the base of each file name. -i --inlines If the address belongs to a function that was inlined, the source information for all enclosing scopes back to the first non-inlined function will also be printed. For example, if "main" inlines "callee1" which inlines "callee2", and address is from "callee2", the source information for "callee1" and "main" will also be printed. -j --section Read offsets relative to the specified section instead of absolute addresses. -p --pretty-print Make the output more human friendly: each location are printed on one line. If option -i is specified, lines for all enclosing scopes are prefixed with (inlined by). @file Read command-line options from file. The options read are inserted in place of the original @file option. If file does not exist, or cannot be read, then the option will be treated literally, and not removed. Options in file are separated by whitespace. A whitespace character may be included in an option by surrounding the entire option in either single or double quotes. Any character (including a backslash) may be included by prefixing the character to be included with a backslash. The file may itself contain additional @file options; any such options will be processed recursively. SEE ALSO
Info entries for binutils. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991-2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License". binutils-2.30-system 2018-05-16 ADDR2LINE(1)