Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE doesn't print values in shell script Post 303038942 by mail.chiranjit on Wednesday 18th of September 2019 02:04:05 AM
Old 09-18-2019
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE doesn't print values in shell script

Hello,
I'm trying to print the value of my cursor in the dbms_output.put_line in shell script, but it only shows "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed." nothing else. I have set serveroutput on,
Below is my script : Any advise would be really helpful.
Code:
sqlplus -s $ORACLE_LOGON <<EOF >> $alert_file
set serveroutput on size 30000;
set lines 1000
set pagesize 50000
set trimspool on
set heading off
set echo off
set newpage none
set heading OFF;
DECLARE
CURSOR C1
IS
SELECT DISTINCT A.KNOWLEDGE_SESSION_UID AS KSUID
FROM KNOWLEDGE_SESSION A ,
  PROV_KNOWLEDGE_SESSION_USE B ,
  WORK_ORDER_STEPS C
WHERE A.SERIALISED_STATE LIKE '%<STRING>US</STRING>%'
AND A.SERIALISED_STATE NOT LIKE '%<STRING>FA</STRING>%'
AND A.SERIALISED_STATE NOT LIKE '%<STRING>CG</STRING>%'
AND ROUND((SYSDATE -A.LAST_UPDATED_DT )*24*60) > 5
AND A.KNOWLEDGE_SESSION_UID=B.KNOWLEDGE_SESSION_UID
AND B.WO_NO IS NOT NULL
AND A.REVIVE_AFTER_DT IS NULL
AND A.LAST_UPDATED_DT >= SYSDATE -5
AND C.WO_NO=B.WO_NO
AND C.STATUS_CD='LP'
AND C.STEP_DEF_CODE='PRO'
fetch first 20 rows only ;
KS_UID KNOWLEDGE_SESSION.KNOWLEDGE_SESSION_UID%TYPE;
BEGIN
OPEN C1;
FETCH C1 into KS_UID;
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(KS_UID);
END;
/

Regards,
Chiranjit

--- Post updated at 12:34 PM ---

I have now able to print the values, however it is only printing the first value where i am selecting first 20 rows in the cursor.
Is there a way to print all the values ?

Thanks,
Chiranjit

Last edited by mail.chiranjit; 09-18-2019 at 02:39 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script doesn't get executed using crontab

I have the following crontab entry to run a shell script for every 30 minutes of every day: 30 * * * * $HOME/main.sh > $HOME/main.log 2>$HOME/error.log after I created the crontab file I have also done: $crontab my_crontab I also check to make sure it exists, by using the following... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus and dbms_output.put_line in shell script

Hi, I have created a pl/sql block utilises dbms_output.put_line. This script works fine when I call from sqlplus ie sqlplus @./scriptname but when I embed it within my shell script I get no output to screen so I end up with an empty spool file. I know it's executing successfully when called from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stuck1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script, echo doesn't work

#!/bin/sh something(){ echo "Inside something" echo $1 $2 } val=$(something "Hello " "world") Output expected: Inside somethingHello world But it's not echoing. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
4 Replies

4. Programming

How to Format database output (DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE) in unix?

Dear All, As I'm new here, please forgive me if any rule violation occurred. I have a script like this: #! /bin/ksh # Author : Saptarshi # Date : 18-Mar-2011 # Version : 1.0 Return_op=`sqlplus -s <<ENDOFSQL db_user/db_pass@db_nm WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT 1 set ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saps19
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to display only output of DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE , rest should be neglected

Hi All, I Have written a script through that i am calling sql file Sqlfile.sql set time on set timing on set echo on set head off set scan on set feedback on set serveroutput on set linesize 1000 DECLARE v_acc_no NUMBER(10); v_product_no NUMBER(10); BEGIN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujit_kashyap
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script doesn't print error.

Hi Gurus, I have below sample script. I expect it print error when running script without input parameter. but the it doesn't. would you please help me about this issue. thanks in advance. /script$cat test.ksh #!/bin/ksh while getopts :f: arg do case $arg in ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

The shell script doesn't get arguments, but parse them

Hello, I have a simple shell script, which starts from crontab like this: 00 03 * * 2-6 /export/applications/dte/sh/fwmarg.sh > /export/applications/dte/data/cron_log/fwmarg.cronlog.`date +\%m.\%d` 2>&1 The script doesn't get any argument. But inside it I see the line ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
10 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)