Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Search Results for the UNIX keyword - Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo Post 303038857 by Neo on Monday 16th of September 2019 02:28:28 AM
Old 09-16-2019
Search Results for the UNIX keyword - Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo

Some search results for the keyword "unix" searches:

DuckDuckGo #1

Bing #2

Google #15 (page 2)

This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open google homepage with search results

Hi, we can open firefox Google to open a webpage.But, how can I open the firefox directly with the search term given at commandline and directly display the page with search results. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkishore
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Microsoft Knowledgebase and "Bing" search engine

Has anybody managed to find anything whatsoever on the Microsoft Knowledgebase since they changed the search engine to "Bing". Does anybody have a link to the old search engine which despite its faults did let you see Microsoft Knowledgebase articles ? Ps: I just got 54,000 hits from Google... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: methyl
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ?

Hello , When using vim, can ctag and cscope support recording search results and displaying the history results ? Once I jump to one tag, I can use :tnext to jump to next tag, but how can I display the preview search result? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Patching Google Search engine/application in Unix.

Hi Unix Gurus, In my Co. we have intranet site hosted on Unix box. In Explorer there is a text box for searching information on internet. By default it is using Google Custom Search. This search engine is little old one. Now I want to patch this search engine with latest patch. If any one know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriramis4u
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line

Hi I want to implement something like this: if( keyword1 exists) then check if(keyword2 exists in the same line) then replace keyword 2 with New_Keyword else Add New_Keyword at the end of line end if eg: Check for Keyword JUNGLE and add/replace... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX.com is getting crushed in google search these days

For over a decade, unix.com has been in the top tier for search referrals. The keyword "unix" used to rank #4, and when it was down, it was #9. At times, we were close to #2 on Google for the "unix" keyword. Now, in some geos (in the US for example yesterday), in Google search the "unix"... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
28 Replies
NNGRAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NNGRAB(1)

NAME
nngrab - news retrieval by keyword (nn) SYNOPSIS
nngrab [ -c ] keyword DESCRIPTION
nngrab invokes nn on all USENET articles whose subject (or keyword) field(s) contain an instance of keyword. nngrab is a fast equivalent for: nn -mxX -s/keyword all For example, nngrab tesla will retrieve items concerning Nikola Tesla. Keyword case is ignored unless -c is specified, and the keyword can be a regular expressions (escaped to avoid conflicts with the shell). For example, nngrab "n.*tesla" The range of search includes all newsgroups on the system, including ones which are unsubscribed. FILES
$db/subjects subject database SEE ALSO
nn(1), nnspew(8), egrep(1) NOTES
nngrab can be much faster than the equivalent command shown above, if the tertiary news subject database generated by the nnspew(8) daemon exists. To enable the faster operation, nnspew must be executed regularly by cron. nngrab uses egrep(1) to scan the subject database, so if you are not running fast egrep (GNU-style) this is all for naught. nngrab will use a subject database generated by nnspew independent of its age. Thus, if you stop running nnspew, remember to remove the subjects file as well. BUGS
Under version 6.4 onwards, search of the "Keywords:" field is not supported. Search on name is not possible either. AUTHOR
James A. Woods, NASA Ames Research Center E-mail: jaw@ames.arc.nasa.gov 4th Berkeley Distribution Release 6.6 NNGRAB(1)