Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Migrating LUNs to new storage array Post 303038794 by eckertd on Friday 13th of September 2019 10:07:26 AM
Old 09-13-2019
One thing I would add would be before importing the DG, have the storage team tell you what queue_depth you should be using and set accordingly

Code:
# chdev -l hdisknn -a queue_depth=#

If you've already imported, you can still run the above, but append "-P" to the end. This will make the change in the ODM (CuDv, I believe) and the settings will be applied next reboot.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Storage array question

We just purchased a MOD30 disk array strage system. We have 15 drives and 2 hot spares. We're running a database app with 8 data sets. I'm trying to get the best i/o speed out of my disk configuration. Right now I have 3 raid5 arrays setup. This seems to offer the same performance as having the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how can I monitoring the LUNs in HP storage

Hi, How can i monitoring the LUN in HP Storage with korn shells? I would like to have a shell can monitoring the LUN, VGs, lvols and raw devices. Jesus (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgutierrez29
3 Replies

3. Solaris

storage array simulator

hi i haven't much experience in solaris. I would like to know about storage. how to configure,how it is working etc....can i get any simulator for doing these work? plaese send me the link . please help me advance thanks to all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP Storage Array

hi I need to check status and configure HP Storage Array device. HP Storageworks P2000 Please suggest (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand87
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VxVM breaking mirror for migrating storage

We are in the process of migrating storage from one array to another. I know the commands I would use in LVM but I am not very familiar with VxVM. The goal is to attach the new LUNs from the new array and add them to the disk group. Then mirror the data online to these new LUNs using VxVM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Migrating an Oracle database storage - REDHAT4

e have a RHEL4 server with an Oracle 10 ( RAC ) are migrating storage bank records. The copy is made by the storage they make a copy of the level of disk all blocks are copied and the file permissions. Problems we had Initially the Cluster service was not rising due to absence of OCR disks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fausto.ncc1701
0 Replies
vgimport(1M)															      vgimport(1M)

NAME
vgimport - import an LVM volume group onto the system SYNOPSIS
mapfile] vg_name pv_path ... mapfile] infile] vg_name mapfile vg_name DESCRIPTION
The command adds the specified volume group to the system. The physical volumes, specified as pv_path ..., are scanned to obtain the vol- ume group information and logical volume information. This command works much like A user may explicitly create the vg_name directory and the file before importing the volume group. If absent, the command will automatically create the directory and the file, assigning the minor number as explained in the command man page (see vgcreate(1M)). The vg_name is added to the or file, and the associated logical volume device files are added to the system. assumes that the volume group information has already been created on the physical volumes. This command is useful in conjunction with the command (see vgexport(1M)), to move volume groups from one system to other systems within a high availability cluster. creates logical volume device files under the vg_name directory using the naming convention given in mapfile or using the default naming convention used by the command (see lvcreate(1M)). The command reconstructs the newly imported volume group entry in the or file. The order of the disks belonging to the newly imported vol- ume group could be different than it was before. When a bootable volume group is imported (volume groups version 1.0 only), the boot information present in the boot disks might be incor- rect due to the change in the order of disks in the file. This is because the boot information on the boot disks assumes a certain order of disks in and requires a resynchronization of this information after the first activation of a newly imported bootable volume group. To resynchronize the information on the boot disk after the first activation of a newly imported bootable volume group, run the command in recovery mode option). does not activate the imported volume group due to the many possible options at volume group activation time. To activate the volume group once it has been successfully imported, use the command (see vgchange(1M)). Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: pv_path The block device path names of a physical volume. This argument is not used with the and related options. vg_name The path name of the volume group. Specify the name of the file from which logical volume names and numbers are to be read. This option is optional when used as in the first com- mand line format of the If this option is not specified, logical volume names are created using the default naming convention where is the decimal representation of logical volume minor number. When used with the option, the volume group specified in the mapfile can be shared among the exporting system and the importing systems. Configure the volume group by populating persistent device special files in the or file, corresponding to the volume group, vg_name. (See intro(7) for information about device special files.) This option can only be used with option. If is invoked without a option, legacy device special files will be used to populate the or file. This option may become obsolete in future releases. Scan option. Scan each of the disks connected to the system and update the or file with the physical volumes that have matching volume group information, as found in the mapfile. This option should always be used in conjunction with the option. The specified mapfile is the file gener- ated by running the command, also with and options. Preview the actions to be taken but do not update the or file or add the logical volume device files. This option is best used in conjunction with the option. Print verbose messages including names of the logical volumes. Import the set of pv_paths held in the infile into the volume group. This option is used as an alternative to specifying the pv_paths on the command line. Each pv_path must appear on a new line in the infile. This option may not be used together with the option. WARNINGS
The option may become obsolete in future releases. No more than eight paths to any physical volume will be added to the or file. All other paths wll be omitted. The following warnings apply to the option, when importing disks with alternate paths: The command does not preserve the path ordering, when a volume group is exported and then imported. This may cause the primary and alter- nate paths to be different on an importing system, from that of an exported system. Also, additional alternate paths that were not config- ured on the exported system may get discovered and configured on the importing system. If the original primary path of a disk gets configured as an alternate path after the volume group is imported, the order can easily be reverted by using to remove the primary path and then reconfiguring the same path again as an alternate, using If additional alternate paths were added to the newly imported volume group, use to reduce any alternate paths that were added but not required. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Import the volume group that is located on physical disks and Activate the volume group following a successful import: Import the volume group using the mapfile, was previously specified by the command on another system. The volume group, is specified in and will be used by the importing system only: Import the volume group using the mapfile, was previously specified by the command on another system. The volume group, is specified in and will be shared among the exporting system, this system, and other systems importing the volume group as shared: Import the volume group using the infile, was previously specified by the command on another system, and it assumes that pv_paths in the are identical on both systems. SEE ALSO
vgexport(1M), vgscan(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). vgimport(1M)