Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Migrating LUNs to new storage array Post 303038794 by eckertd on Friday 13th of September 2019 10:07:26 AM
Old 09-13-2019
One thing I would add would be before importing the DG, have the storage team tell you what queue_depth you should be using and set accordingly

Code:
# chdev -l hdisknn -a queue_depth=#

If you've already imported, you can still run the above, but append "-P" to the end. This will make the change in the ODM (CuDv, I believe) and the settings will be applied next reboot.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Storage array question

We just purchased a MOD30 disk array strage system. We have 15 drives and 2 hot spares. We're running a database app with 8 data sets. I'm trying to get the best i/o speed out of my disk configuration. Right now I have 3 raid5 arrays setup. This seems to offer the same performance as having the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how can I monitoring the LUNs in HP storage

Hi, How can i monitoring the LUN in HP Storage with korn shells? I would like to have a shell can monitoring the LUN, VGs, lvols and raw devices. Jesus (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgutierrez29
3 Replies

3. Solaris

storage array simulator

hi i haven't much experience in solaris. I would like to know about storage. how to configure,how it is working etc....can i get any simulator for doing these work? plaese send me the link . please help me advance thanks to all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP Storage Array

hi I need to check status and configure HP Storage Array device. HP Storageworks P2000 Please suggest (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand87
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VxVM breaking mirror for migrating storage

We are in the process of migrating storage from one array to another. I know the commands I would use in LVM but I am not very familiar with VxVM. The goal is to attach the new LUNs from the new array and add them to the disk group. Then mirror the data online to these new LUNs using VxVM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keelba
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Migrating an Oracle database storage - REDHAT4

e have a RHEL4 server with an Oracle 10 ( RAC ) are migrating storage bank records. The copy is made by the storage they make a copy of the level of disk all blocks are copied and the file permissions. Problems we had Initially the Cluster service was not rising due to absence of OCR disks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fausto.ncc1701
0 Replies
fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5) 					File Formats Manual					   fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5)

NAME
fcd_disable_mgmt_lun - select whether or not management luns are discovered in the legacy representation of mass storage devices VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Enable discovery of management luns for array devices. Disable discovery of management luns for array devices. Recommended values DESCRIPTION
Management luns provide the means to access the control ports of Fibre Channel disk arrays. They are represented in both the legacy and the agile view of storage devices. The legacy representation of a management lun is typically created under a separate virtual extension bus node. The entry for a legacy management lun looks like this: On a system with a large number of storage devices connected, creation of management luns can result in an insufficient number of virtual extension buses for the legacy representation of data luns. Since the number of extension buses on a system is limited to 256, luns requiring virtual extension buses above 256 will be unusable through legacy device special files. Disabling the discovery and creation of management luns will free up virtual extension buses for use by data luns. The default value for this tunable is Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators who expect to use a large number of storage devices requiring more than 256 extension buses through legacy device special files. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect immediately. However, existing management luns will not be removed. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on when the system runs out of extension buses for configuring the legacy representation of data luns. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? None. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? When the functionality provided by the management lun is desired. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? Existing management luns in the legacy representation will show up in the state. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
ioinit(1M), ioscan(1M), kctune(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters fcd_disable_mgmt_lun(5)