Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.3 NFS export not mounting, rpcinfo hang/timeout on server Post 303038786 by eckertd on Friday 13th of September 2019 07:34:49 AM
Old 09-13-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecoveryOne
I'm not versed with 5.3 but wasn't there an issue if multiple IP's were assigned in /etc/hosts to the same hostname?

Also, have you tried cycling all the nfs group services? I think lssrc -g nfs works? Sorry, only have 6.1 and 7.1 lpars in my environment.

I know, not much help. Sorry.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, there was an issue in 5.3 with duplicate /etc/hosts entries. I've already checked this is not the case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
Yes, rpcbind/portmap is needed, and rpcinfo -p must show mountd and nfs and their udp/tcp ports.
Please check the following: (URL removed - low post count)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm well aware of what should be happening. The problem is 'rpcinfo' is hanging, then eventually times out. I'm trying to figure out why that is. Whatever is causing this behavior is what's likely causing NFS mounts to also timeout/fail.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Mounting a NFS network file system across platforms - Solaris to AIX

Hi all, Kind of an emergency situation, I have to NFS mount an AIX filesystem on to a Sun Solaris OS (5.10). Typically from Sun to Sun is: mount -F nfs <remote file system>/dir <mount point> Which of course doesn't work if the remote file system is another OS (like AIX). Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to export AIX File system NFS to Windows ?

Hello, Can someone please point to an easy document or steps how to export AIX file system /whatever to Windows O/S Basically Windows should see this filesystem / directory and should be able to write in this filesystem / directory Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

3. AIX

ftp timeout valiue in AIX 5.3 server !

Dear Friends, I am using AIX 5.3 server . In AIX , I want to increase the timeout value of the ftp service . But I cannot find any configuration file with ftp related in AIX 5.3 server . Would anybody plz tell me , How can I increase the default timeout value in AIX ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Could I re-export a NFS resource to a third server ?

Hey Guys. Could someone said if is possible take a NFS resource get it from a original Server a export it and mount it in a third server ? Thank in Advace.... SUN ADMIN (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to set a timeout for rpcinfo?

I've created a script that checks the health of a piece of equipment out in the field by first establishing that it is pingable, and then parsing log files to gather information. Today I realized that there are times where the equipment may be pingable, and will not show any immediate issues in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Df -h hang cant see any NFS storage

Hi all I had a server, when run the df -h command, it hang, and need to press "crtl+c" to terminate it. i cant other NFS filesystem anymore. but i try at other server, the NFS filesystem is work properly any idea on this? # mount -p /dev/md/dsk/d0 - / ufs - no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

7. AIX

can not mount from aix client to linux nfs server

Hi, I am trying to mount a nfs folder from AIX client to Linux NFS Server, but I got the following error: # mount 128.127.11.121:/aix /to_be_del mount: 1831-010 server 128.127.11.121 not responding: RPC: 1832-018 Port mapper failure - RPC: 1832-008 Timed out mount: retrying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

8. AIX

CIFS Mount not mounting on my AIX server

Dear Experts, Im facing a unique situation. We got a windows server folder cifs mounted on my AIX server. Before restarting the win server I tried unmounting the cifs mount. It got hanged and win server was restarted however. Now Im trying to mount the same. It prompts for password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadeava
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Mounting NFS filesystem on Windows server

Hello Can someone please suggest how should I configure Samba to share the drive from Linux to Window server, and Windows server is in AD environment. is this require winbind to be installed ?? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies

10. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)