Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX ssh timeout
Operating Systems AIX AIX ssh timeout Post 303038742 by RecoveryOne on Thursday 12th of September 2019 03:22:28 PM
Old 09-12-2019
Thanks topcat.
My 7.1.2.0 looks like it has OpenSSH 6.0.
And you are correct you must do OpenSSH and OpenSSL together.
I mean, read me's exist for a reason Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to RecoveryOne For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set timeout for aix?

if a user login and never shutdown or exit...how do you set an automatic shutdown or timeout if the user leave the session on for 20 minutes? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ichiro
3 Replies

2. AIX

DCE Authentication timeout value in aix.

Hi, How to get the DCE timeout value in aix os? Thanks.. Prabhu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhuv
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh/scp - can you specify timeout?

I am scp'ing a file from a server (servera) to my server (serverb) If servera is down - the scp never times out ... it just hangs eternally.. It is possible to specify a timeout in my script - so if scp fails/hang for more than 60 seconds I assume its failed ? I am aware there is some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

set timeout for ssh prompt

Hi all, I want to set a timeout say 10 sec to shh prompt i.e. if no password is enetered for 10 sec prompt should again come to shell. How can this be achieved ?? I am using Linux RHEL 5 and Solaris 10. Pls help. Thanks in adv. VIKAS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
3 Replies

5. AIX

ftp timeout valiue in AIX 5.3 server !

Dear Friends, I am using AIX 5.3 server . In AIX , I want to increase the timeout value of the ftp service . But I cannot find any configuration file with ftp related in AIX 5.3 server . Would anybody plz tell me , How can I increase the default timeout value in AIX ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timeout to abolish ssh connection command it takes too long

Hi, I am running a ssh connection test in a script, how can I add a timeout to abolish the process if it takes too long? ssh -i ~/.ssh/ssl_key useraccount@computer1 Thank you. - j (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hce
1 Replies

7. AIX

Set timeout value for ssh session to HMC?

Friends, Could anyone let me know - how to set the timeout value for ssh session to HMC? My HMC version is -- V7R7.4.0. I'm sure the version doesn't have anything to do with it. Thanks, -- Souvik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling ssh permission denied or timeout

Hello all, been writing a little inventory script (hpux 11.23, ksh Version 11/16/88) which takes our hostname from our inventory db and tests them with ssh connection. I need to be able to differentiate a timeout (host not reachable on main net link could try adm prod back links) and a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to solve TCP connection timeout (not in ssh)?

HI We have some Red Hat Linux Sevres which is having TCP connection timeout, not SSH connection, as an example oracle connection connected from TOD. SSH i managed to add keepalive and it's working fine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 5.3 NFS export not mounting, rpcinfo hang/timeout on server

Been trying to get a directory NFS-mounted with no success. I've tried both NFS v3 and v4, but currently trying v4. I can't figure out what's going on here. server: sbkovwadmd01 sbkovwadmd01# chnfsdom Current local domain: edw.dev sbkovwadmd01# lssrc -a | grep nfs | grep active nfsd ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckertd
3 Replies
oarsh(1)							   OAR commands 							  oarsh(1)

NAME
oarsh - remote shell connector for OAR batch scheduler. oarcp - oarsh compagnon to copy files from a node or to a node. SYNOPSIS
oarsh [OPTIONS] <NODENAME> [COMMAND] oarcp [OPTIONS] [NODENAME:]<PATHNAME> [NODENAME:]<PATHNAME> DESCRIPTION
Connect a node from the submission frontal of the cluster or any node. OPTIONS
oarsh uses OpenSSH client (the ssh command) underneath to perform the connection. Thus any OpenSSH option can be used. ENVIRONMENT
OAR_JOB_ID From the frontal of the cluster or any node, specify the Id of the job oarsh must connect to. OAR_JOB_KEY_FILE Specify a job key oarsh must use, e.g. the one that was used for the submission of the job you want to connect to. This is mandatory when connecting to a node of a job from a host that does not belong to the nodes managed by the OAR server the job was submitted to. The -i option may be used as well. CONFIGURATION
In order to provide the user with the ability to use oarsh to connect both the nodes of his job or other hosts that live out of the scope of his job, oarsh tries to read two configuration files: first ~/.oarsh-host-include then ~/.oarsh-hosts-exclude. If exist, those files must contain one regular expression matching a hostname per line. At execution time, if oarsh finds in ~/.oarsh-host-include a match for the hostname used in the command line, it continues with the execution of oarsh, skipping ~/.oarsh-hosts-exclude file. If not, it tries to find a match in ~/.oarsh-hosts-exclude and if one is found, then executes ssh with the same command line. Finally, it no match is found (or for instance, if none of those files exists), it continues with the execution of oarsh. For instance, if all nodes look like name-XXX.domain, one may place ^[^.]+-[[:digit:]]+ in ~/.oarsh-host-include and .* in ~/.oarsh-hosts-exclude and then can use oarsh to connect any host. The feature finally becomes really sexy when one considers placing a symlink to oarsh named ssh, and then can always use the ssh command to connect any host. EXAMPLES
Connecting from within our job, from one node to another one (node23): > oarsh node-23 Connecting to a node (node23) of our job (Id: 4242) from the frontal of the cluster: > OAR_JOB_ID=4242 oarsh node-23 Connecting to a node (node23) of our job that was submitted using a job key: > OAR_JOB_KEY_FILE=~/my_key oarsh node-23 Same thing but using OpenSSH-like -i option: > oarsh -i ~/my_key node-23 NOTES
All OpenSSH features should be inherited by oarsh, for instance X11 forwarding. However, one feature that oarsh does break is the SSH Agent. None of OpenSSH user configuration files (within ~/.ssh directory) are used by oarsh. SEE ALSO
oarsub(1), oardel(1) oarstat(1), oarnodes(1), oarhold(1), oarresume(1) COPYRIGHTS
Copyright 2008 Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble (http://www.liglab.fr). This software is licensed under the GNU Library General Public License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. oarsh 2012-05-23 oarsh(1)