Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - using variables in pattern which contain full pathname Post 303038695 by jcdole on Wednesday 11th of September 2019 12:39:25 PM
Old 09-11-2019
Thank you everybody fore helping.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting pathname variables with ksh

With C Shell you can get the root, head, tail and extension of a pathname by using pathname variable modifiers. Example Script: #! /bin/csh set pathvar=/home/WSJ091305.txt echo $pathvar:r echo $pathvar:h echo $pathvar:t echo $pathvar:e The result of executing this script is: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

pgrep doesn't perform full command line pattern matching

Hi! I need to get PID of some particular process and I wonder if I can use pgrep tool for this purpose. The problem is that pgrep doesn't perform pattern matching on the whole command line, even if I use -f key. Parsing output of ps command is not quite convenient... Also deamon, which PID I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass shell variables to awk's pattern?

How would I get folders owned by specific users.. I want to pass users as a shell variable to awk. drwxr-x--x 3 user1 allusers 512 Oct 14 2006 946157019/ drwxr-x--x 3 user2 allusers 512 Mar 9 2008 94825883/ drwxr-x--x 3 user3 allusers 512 Mar 9 2008 948390501/ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text pattern with AWK and variables

How to to pass variable to the below awk command I would like to pass variables to the awk command instead of the constants "a/cc" but I don't know exactly the correct syntax awk '/a/,/cc/' temp1.out file.txt a b s cc g d output a b s (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamro
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print pattern between two variables awk sed

I am trying to print text between two variables in a file I have tried the following things but none seem to work: awk ' /'$a'/ {flag=1;next} /'$b'/{flag=0} flag { print }' file and also sed "/$a/,/$b/p" file But none seem to work Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumbaba
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

use of variables in awk to search for pattern from a file

Hi, I need to extract all the content between two strings stored in two variables "startstring" and "endstring" startstring=hello enstring=world #notworking awk '/$startstring/, $NF ~ /$endstring/ ' file > file2 The above code is not working with variables. It works when actual string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeanjkj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include pathname in awk output?

I am running an awk to verify all the memory settings for tomcat, and need to include path or directory in output .... I am running: awk '{ print $3 }' /opt/dir1/dir2/*/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh Output results: -Xms1024m -Xmx1536m -Xmx1536m -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -Xms1024m -Xms512m -Xms1024m... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgolli
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace the path value in files, pattern is not full known.

Hi, I need to do find and replace, but the pattern is not full known. for example, my file has /proj/app-d1/sun or /data/site-d1/conf here app-d1 and site-d1 is not constant. It may be different in different files. common part is /proj/xx/sun and /data/xxx/conf i want to find where ever... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment all lines which are not already commented for each full path pattern matched

Hello. Question 1 : I want to comment out all lines of a cron file which are not already commented out for each full path pattern matched. Example 1 nothing to do because line is already commented out; pattern = '/usr/bin/munin-cron' # */5 * * * * munin test -x... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
SNMPGETNEXT(1)							     Net-SNMP							    SNMPGETNEXT(1)

NAME
snmpgetnext - communicates with a network entity using SNMP GET NEXT Requests. SYNOPSIS
snmpgetnext [COMMON OPTIONS] [-Cf] OID [OID]... DESCRIPTION
snmpget is an SNMP application that uses the SNMP GETNEXT request to query for information on a network entity. One or more object identi- fiers (OIDs) may be given as arguments on the command line. Each variable name is given in the format specified in variables(5). For each one, the variable that is lexicographically "next" in the remote entity's MIB will be returned. For example: snmpgetnext -c public zeus interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifType.1 will retrieve the variable interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifType.2: interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifType.2 = softwareLoopback(24) If the network entity has an error processing the request packet, an error message will be shown, helping to pinpoint in what way the request was malformed. OPTIONS
snmpgetnext takes the common options described in the snmpcmd(1) manual page and also the -Cf option described in the snmpget(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
snmpcmd(1), snmpget(1), variables(5). 4th Berkeley Distribution 08 Feb 2002 SNMPGETNEXT(1)