"Sftp"

Post #303038685 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 11th of September 2019 08:53:51 AM

Full Discussion: Sftp
So, can you show us the output that you are getting? I'm wondering if you are being prompted for the SSH key passphrase as opposed to the remote user password.

A simple test would be something like:-
Code:
sftp ftpsic@$NodoFtpOms <<END_SCRIPT
dir
END_SCRIPT

If this doesn't work, then perhaps we can look at the process of creating and sharing keys for a password-less connection. The client that opens the connection should create the SSH key pair. The public key from the client needs to be copied to the server you are connecting to. The file permissions need to be suitably tight. If you open the files up to more access, then the ssh/sftp client and/or the sshd will reject them. Doing a chmod 666 ..... will break it.

Can you show us the output of ls -l ~/.ssh on the client as the executing user and on the server side as the targeted user? Do not share the content of the private keys on-line.

Thanks, in advance,
Robin

Test Your Knowledge in History
Difficulty: Hard
Japan was part of the Allied Powers during World War I.
True or False?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using SFTP

I used to use an 'SFTP' command weekly, but all of a sudden it won't work. I used to do: sftp -b <file with put commands> <username>@<server> But all of a sudden every time that I try now I get: Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive). Connection closed Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for SFTP

Hi All, I am using sftp to send a file.I want to know is there any way to check that the file has been sent to destination.Like in ftp we can spool the log and check "226 Transfer complete" accordingly we can decide the script return success.Please let me know if we can do something to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
1 Replies

3. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp

when executing the below script ,it was prompting password .I want password to be taken from parameter.Please any help sh a.sh file.txt a.sh === user="uesr1" pass="password12" filename=$1 source_dir="/abc/a1/xx/outputs" target_dir="/azs/zzz/cc/outputs" sftp $user@servername <<eof... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is SFTP ?

Frnds, 1.Whats is SFTP ? 2.Why we are going for that ? 3.If I want to do sftp a file from a server ABC to my local machine XYZ, what are different entries I need to put in (what are all )various files/location in unix? 4.If i need to put a entry in a common file(s) in unxi, can you give... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp

Hi, Can you please tell me what the below command does cat <<EOF1 > $tmp1 binary lcd $targetDir cd ${remoteDir} ls quit EOF1 cat $tmp1 set -x sftp6 -P 2246 -B $tmp1 --password=file://<ctl>/.gspass | tee outputfile Actually my requirement is if the sftp succeed, then only it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: help_scr_seeker
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies
ssh_sftpd(3erl) 					     Erlang Module Definition						   ssh_sftpd(3erl)

NAME
ssh_sftpd - Specifies a channel process to handle a sftp subsystem. DESCRIPTION
Specifies a channel process to handle a sftp subsystem. COMMON DATA TYPES
subsystem_spec() = {subsystem_name(), {channel_callback(), channel_init_args()}} subsystem_name() = "sftp" channel_callback() = atom() - Name of the erlang module implementing the subsystem using the ssh_channel behavior see ssh_channel(3erl) channel_init_args() = list() - The one given as argument to function subsystem_spec/1. EXPORTS
subsystem_spec(Options) -> subsystem_spec() Types Options = [{Option, Value}] Should be used together with ssh:daemon/[1,2,3] Options are: {cwd, String} : Sets the initial current working directory for the server. {file_handler, CallbackModule} : Determines which module to call for communicating with the file server. Default value is ssh_sftpd_file that uses the file and filelib API:s to access the standard OTP file server. This option may be used to plug in the use of other file servers. {max_files, Integer} : The default value is 0 , which means that there is no upper limit. If supplied, the number of filenames returned to the sftp client per READDIR request, is limited to at most the given value. {root, String} : Sets the sftp root directory. The user will then not be able to see any files above this root. If for instance the root is set to /tmp the user will see this directory as / and if the user does cd /etc the user will end up in /tmp/etc . Ericsson AB ssh 2.0.4 ssh_sftpd(3erl)

Featured Tech Videos