Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sftp
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sftp Post 303038644 by tricampeon81 on Monday 9th of September 2019 02:42:28 PM
Old 09-09-2019
The problem I have is that when I run the shell, after connecting to the sftp it asks me for the password and is waiting for the password and I need it to be taken from the Variable

Code:
sftp ftpsic@$NodoFtpOms <<END_SCRIPT
quote PASS $PassFtp
pwd
put $NomArch
pwd
ls
quit
END_SCRIPT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Sftp

I have researched this with no joy and this is my last resort. I have restricted the ftp access to an LPAR running AIX 5.3 using /etc/ftpaccess such that the user is stuck in their home directory. Not ever having tried it imagine my surprise when I connected using SFTP and the user could move to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

2. Solaris

SFTP help

HI All, I am trying to figure out a thing in solaris . The basic requirement is as follows: I will need to login from my solaris server (which should be non interactive to a cleint server )which has only Sftp option. i have generated the required keys and able to do the same. I am using the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
1 Replies

3. Solaris

sftp

hi sftp is not working: -bash-3.00# sftp zeus Connecting to zeus... /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 32: Bad configuration option: PermitRootLogin /etc/ssh/ssh_config: line 33: Bad configuration option: Subsystem /etc/ssh/ssh_config: terminating, 2 bad configuration options Connection closed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help in sftp.

Hi, I am doing sftp from remote server1 to remote server2. This is done through a script. This script was working fine. But if i am tranfer files of 120 MB only some part of the file gets transferred (around 9 MB). Incase i put the same file manually it gets uploaded successfully. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishb
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP

Please ignore this message (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B. Bhanumurthy
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD