Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - using variables in pattern which contain full pathname Post 303038598 by RudiC on Saturday 7th of September 2019 07:50:49 AM
Old 09-07-2019
This might work:
Code:
awk "/zypper_local/ && /60/ && /${ZYPPER_LOCAL_REP//\//\\/}/" file

; or try (given the order of the substring is as given):

Code:
grep "zypper_local.*60.*$ZYPPER_LOCAL_REP" file

EDIT: adaption of sed proposal:

Code:
sed -e '/zypper_local/!d' -e '/60/!d' -e '\~'$ZYPPER_LOCAL_REP'~!d' file

Last edited by RudiC; 09-07-2019 at 09:06 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting pathname variables with ksh

With C Shell you can get the root, head, tail and extension of a pathname by using pathname variable modifiers. Example Script: #! /bin/csh set pathvar=/home/WSJ091305.txt echo $pathvar:r echo $pathvar:h echo $pathvar:t echo $pathvar:e The result of executing this script is: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

pgrep doesn't perform full command line pattern matching

Hi! I need to get PID of some particular process and I wonder if I can use pgrep tool for this purpose. The problem is that pgrep doesn't perform pattern matching on the whole command line, even if I use -f key. Parsing output of ps command is not quite convenient... Also deamon, which PID I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass shell variables to awk's pattern?

How would I get folders owned by specific users.. I want to pass users as a shell variable to awk. drwxr-x--x 3 user1 allusers 512 Oct 14 2006 946157019/ drwxr-x--x 3 user2 allusers 512 Mar 9 2008 94825883/ drwxr-x--x 3 user3 allusers 512 Mar 9 2008 948390501/ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text pattern with AWK and variables

How to to pass variable to the below awk command I would like to pass variables to the awk command instead of the constants "a/cc" but I don't know exactly the correct syntax awk '/a/,/cc/' temp1.out file.txt a b s cc g d output a b s (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamro
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print pattern between two variables awk sed

I am trying to print text between two variables in a file I have tried the following things but none seem to work: awk ' /'$a'/ {flag=1;next} /'$b'/{flag=0} flag { print }' file and also sed "/$a/,/$b/p" file But none seem to work Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumbaba
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

use of variables in awk to search for pattern from a file

Hi, I need to extract all the content between two strings stored in two variables "startstring" and "endstring" startstring=hello enstring=world #notworking awk '/$startstring/, $NF ~ /$endstring/ ' file > file2 The above code is not working with variables. It works when actual string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeanjkj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Include pathname in awk output?

I am running an awk to verify all the memory settings for tomcat, and need to include path or directory in output .... I am running: awk '{ print $3 }' /opt/dir1/dir2/*/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh Output results: -Xms1024m -Xmx1536m -Xmx1536m -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -Xms1024m -Xms512m -Xms1024m... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgolli
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace the path value in files, pattern is not full known.

Hi, I need to do find and replace, but the pattern is not full known. for example, my file has /proj/app-d1/sun or /data/site-d1/conf here app-d1 and site-d1 is not constant. It may be different in different files. common part is /proj/xx/sun and /data/xxx/conf i want to find where ever... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment all lines which are not already commented for each full path pattern matched

Hello. Question 1 : I want to comment out all lines of a cron file which are not already commented out for each full path pattern matched. Example 1 nothing to do because line is already commented out; pattern = '/usr/bin/munin-cron' # */5 * * * * munin test -x... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)