Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris IPMP group failed on Solaris 9 Post 303038594 by MadeInGermany on Saturday 7th of September 2019 05:34:27 AM
Old 09-07-2019
Thanks for the update.
If a NIC suddenly fails, and no admin did something to your system or to the LAN switch then the next idea is hardware.

The IPMP concept is quite different from the port aggregation concept.
Does the latter exist in Solaris 9 at all? In the early days you had to purchase SunTrunking software.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris IP Multipathing (IPMP) Help

Hello All, I work for a Health care company at a local trauma hospital. I maintain a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PAC's). Basically, any medical images (X-Ray, CT, MRI, Mammo, etc) are stored digitally on the servers for viewing and dictation from diagnostic stations. I took over... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegeek
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Does Veritas Cluster work with IPMP on Solaris 10?

Does Veritas Cluster work with IPMP on Solaris 10? If anyone has set it up do you have a doc or tips? I have heard several different statements ranging from , not working at all to Yes it works! Great How? * Test and Base IPs???? * configure the MultiNICB agent ? I can give details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
1 Replies

3. Solaris

IPMP group failure when gateway not detected

A problem happened with me, I was configuring IP for two network interfaces, and when I rebooted the system, everything is working but after like 3 or 5 minutes it will tell me that the whole IPMP group has failed ! I tried to troubleshoot, so I found that the gateway is not reachable..so I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sun Fire
4 Replies

4. Solaris

how to configure IPMP in solaris 9

Hi friends , can anyone provide me the complete steps to configure IPMP in solaris 9 or 10 provided i have two NIC card ? regards jagan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris IPMP

Can any one please explain me the concept behind IPMP in solaris clustering.Basic explanation would be really appreciated... Thanks in Advance vks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 branded zone with IPMP

All. I am trying to create a 10 branded zone on a Sol 11.1 T5. The Global is using IPMP...so aggregating is out of the question. Has anyone successfully created a branded zone with IPMP? If they have can you please show me the steps you took to get this to run. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
4 Replies

7. Solaris

IPMP over aggregate in Solaris 11

hi all, i start with solaris 11 and i am disapointed by the change on ip managing. i want to set a ipmp over tow aggregate but i dont find any doc and i am lost with the new commande switch1 net0 aggregate1 | net1 aggregate1 |-----| |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sylvain
1 Replies

8. Solaris

New to Solaris IPMP (conversion from Linux)

Hi all, I been reading examples of how to setup IPMP and how it differs from Etherchannel. However, i am still unsure of how it really works and i hope gurus here can shed some light on the questions I have below while i will lab it up for my own test -> q1) for IPMP, there is no such thing... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
23 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 IPMP - failback=no

Hi all, Just a few questions -> Is an "OFFLINE" interface going back to "ONLINE" consider as a failback by IPMP ? I have "FAILBACK=no" in my /etc/default/mpathd; however when i do the following (igb0 and igb7 are in the same ipmp link based group) q1) why does "if_mpadm -r igb7" cause... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies
time-admin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     time-admin(1)

NAME
time-admin - Time Administration Tool SYNOPSIS
time-admin [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
time-admin is part of the GNOME system tools, a set of tools to easily access and manage system configuration. time-admin allows you to set the time, date and timezone of your system, as well as setting any time server to synchronize your local time server. OPTIONS
time-admin accepts the standard GNOME and GTK options. AUTHORS
time-admin was written by Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho@tuxerver.net> and others. This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
services-admin(1), shares-admin(1), network-admin(1), users-admin(1), gtk-options(7), gnome-options(7) The online documentation available through the program's Help menu. GNOME
2007-05-08 time-admin(1)