Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please Welcome Yoda (Bipin Ajith) to the Moderation Team Post 303038570 by Yoda on Friday 6th of September 2019 10:55:29 AM
Old 09-06-2019
This discussion forum was really instrumental in helping me broaden my understanding about *nix systems.

I like to thank every Advisors and Moderators for their great efforts. Keep up the good work!
These 5 Users Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Ravinder Singh to the Moderation Team

On this special Happy News Year day, 1 January 2019, I am pleased to promote Ravinder Singh to UNIX.COM Moderator, for at least the following reasons: Ravinder Loves UNIX.COM Ravinder has 1,372 Thanks, which puts him in the Top Ten in that important single category. Ravinder is one of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Peasant to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our new policy for future forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating our new addition to our mod team, Peasant: Peasant (Filip Skoblar) on LinkedIn Peasant is also an active moderator on our... (10 Replies)
10 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Akshay Hegde to the Moderation Team

Dear All, Following our policy for forum moderators to have active LinkedIn profiles (and also to increase mod team diversity), please join me in congratulating the newest addition to our mod team, Akshay Hegde: Akshay Hegde on LinkedIn Akshay has been very helpful to the site over the... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
cr(1)							      General Commands Manual							     cr(1)

NAME
cr - converts text files between nix EOL and dos EOL SYNOPSIS
cr - | + <input file> <output file> DESCRIPTION
Text files, such as tle files, that come from a dos source usualy have the ^M symbol at the end of every line. Cr converts files between the dos newline format and the normal *nix newline format by stripping the ^M to convert dos to *nix, using the '-' option, or adding ^M to a *nix file to create the proper dos file when the '+' option is used. Although this extra character is not often a problem, programs like seesat5, which are data driven will encounter parsing problems when the extra character is present. It is these problems that cr is intended to repair. Options - | + One or the other of these options is required. The '-' option is used to remove ^M from all newlines found in the dos file. The '+' option is used to add ^M to every newline found in a *nix file. input file Fully delineated path to the input file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standard input is not used. output file Fully delineated path to the output file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standart output is not used. SEE ALSO
seesat5(1), seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5) BUGS
Cr is not an inteligent program. It methodicaly replaces/removes the offending character when it finds it in the correct context. Newline sequences found in contexts other than 'newline' will be replaced/removed just like those found in the proper context. Passing a binary file through cr is not advised, for this reason. Send all inqueries to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 2 April 96 cr(1)