Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) How can I direct messages from mac console.app to a log file? Post 303038477 by dallas88 on Wednesday 4th of September 2019 01:20:52 AM
Old 09-04-2019
Thanks Neo. I'm going to go back and review the system profiler and my results. I initially ran the system profiler full detail and did a search for this msg (AppleCamIn: power_on_hardware) and others. Looking at the profiler output but didn't see it using find. This msg and others I listed appear when I'm switching the audio and video inputs during a video conference session.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-direct the error msg to log file

Hi All, I have an expression as follows:- a=`expr ${i} + ${j}` >> $log_file 2>&1 Here, if any of the values i or j or both happens to be empty then the "expr" returns error as "expr: 0402-050 Syntax error." My problem is I am not able to re-direct this error to the log file. Its is getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rony_daniel
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Direct the output of a script to a log file

Hi, I have a script to compare 2 files. file1=$1 file2=$2 num_of_records_file1=`awk ' END { print NR } ' $file1` num_of_records_file2=`awk ' END { print NR } ' $file2` i=1 while do sed -n "$i"p $file1 > file1_temp sed -n "$i"p $file2 > file2_temp diff file1_temp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: autosys_nm
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set default app for file type on Mac

Hi there, We have 2 apps on our customers machines that can both open files with the same file extension. Is there any way via shell commands to set which application should be the default? Essentially, I'm hoping to replicate Get Info > Open With > Change All using a shell script, but I just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewg
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Mac .sh to run command line app in seperate terminal

Hello, currently we are executing a .sh from terminal. The current .sh looks like this: #!/usr/bin/env bash /Users/user/my.app/Contents/MacOS/my & -- Now, we also need to run a third line in the .sh - It's a command line application that I need to run when I execute the above .sh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

re-direct to log file

#!/bin/ksh -x cd /tmp/tj ftp -n servername.com << DONE user username password as put test.log quit close DONE echo "testing..." sh -x scriptname, and it shows all, but username, as, put, quit, close, DONE. how can i see those ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating sed Direct Input to Direct Output

Hi guys, been scratching round the forums and my mountain of resources. Maybe I havn't read deep enough My question is not how sed edits a stream and outputs it to a file, rather something like this below: I have a .txt with some text in it :rolleyes: abc:123:xyz 123:abc:987... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0nion
7 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Best practice to allow 3rd party app to read messages file.

What is the best practice to allow a 3rd party health monitoring app to read the messages file. Since messages is a system file and is owned by root the app cannot read the file. I don't want to run the app as root so how should I allow the app to read the file. The read function is actually built... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slwiley
2 Replies
MAC_SEEOTHERUIDS(4)					   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 				       MAC_SEEOTHERUIDS(4)

NAME
mac_seeotheruids -- simple policy controlling whether users see other users SYNOPSIS
To compile the policy into your kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: options MAC options MAC_SEEOTHERUIDS Alternately, to load the module at boot time, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options MAC and in loader.conf(5): mac_seeotheruids_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The mac_seeotheruids policy module, when enabled, denies users to see processes or sockets owned by other users. To enable mac_seeotheruids, set the sysctl OID security.mac.seeotheruids.enabled to 1. To permit superuser awareness of other credentials by virtue of privilege, set the sysctl OID security.mac.seeotheruids.suser_privileged to 1. To allow users to see processes and sockets owned by the same primary group, set the sysctl OID security.mac.seeotheruids.primarygroup_enabled to 1. To allow processes with a specific group ID to be exempt from the policy, set the sysctl OID security.mac.seeotheruids.specificgid_enabled to 1, and security.mac.seeotheruids.specificgid to the group ID to be exempted. Label Format No labels are defined for mac_seeotheruids. SEE ALSO
mac(4), mac_biba(4), mac_bsdextended(4), mac_ifoff(4), mac_lomac(4), mac_mls(4), mac_none(4), mac_partition(4), mac_portacl(4), mac_test(4), mac(9) HISTORY
The mac_seeotheruids policy module first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0 and was developed by the TrustedBSD Project. AUTHORS
This software was contributed to the FreeBSD Project by Network Associates Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BUGS
See mac(9) concerning appropriateness for production use. The TrustedBSD MAC Framework is considered experimental in FreeBSD. While the MAC Framework design is intended to support the containment of the root user, not all attack channels are currently protected by entry point checks. As such, MAC Framework policies should not be relied on, in isolation, to protect against a malicious privileged user. BSD
October 6, 2005 BSD