Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux cant cd into directory and part of group Post 303038351 by hicksd8 on Saturday 31st of August 2019 04:40:18 AM
Old 08-31-2019
Part of the pathname is "NAS". Can I assume that is Network Attached Storage"?? If so, what is that device??

Usually when working with NAS (especially Windows based NAS) the access rights that you get are the lesser of the NAS rights and the Unix/Linux rights. For example, Windows has a right to "list the contents" which, if set against you on the parent directory, will stop you entering the subdirectory.

So have you considered that the problem may not lay with the Linux system at all.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Group Priveleges on same directory?

On my FTP server (Darwin/Mac OS X -- pretty much FreeBSD), I need to apply the following permissions to a directory: 1. A specific owner with full access 2. A specific group with full access 3. A specific group with read-only access 4. No access whatsoever for everyone else I understand... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TyHockett
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add permission of directory to a group

Hi, A simple and silly question on Unix. I have a directory named "a" and I would like to grant permission to group name "text" to access, read and execute my directory. Could anyone help me? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help required to group output and print a part of group line and original line

Hi, Need awk help to group and print lines to format the output as shown below INPUT FORMAT set echo on set heading on set spool on /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T1; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T2; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T3; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T4; /* SCHEMA1 */ CREATE TABLE T5;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: How to get part of the directory name?

How can I write a script that determines the directory the user is in, and displays that path up until a particular point? Specifically, I need to find the text "packages" in the directory name, then I need to capture that directory and the one below it. For example, if the user is in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickS
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting part of directory after a certain /

i have a directory like this: i want to get the subpaths: /home/user/public_html/a/b subpath= a/b /home/user/public_html/a/b/c subpath= a/b/c i can get the user like echo $fulldirectory |awk -F/ '{print $3}' but im not sure how to get the rest of it after public_html any ideas?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies
RADLAST(1)							Yard Radius Manual							RADLAST(1)

NAME
radlast - lists last users access and stats SYNOPSIS
radlast [ -chbx ] [ -a acct_dir ] [ -f file ] [ -F format_string ] [ -H format_string ] [ -m month ] [ -u user ] [ -y year ] DESCRIPTION
This program gives a detailed list of last accesses for one or more users. It does not collect statistical information. It's a fast and compact dumper of the traditional `detail' files of Livingston's Radius. It's output is in some way similar to that of the Unix command `last' but also high-customizable (see FORMATS section below). OPTIONS
-a acct_dir Sets the accounting files directory prefix, instead of the default one, which is /usr/logs -b Uses a single-row brief output format. -c Shows records in cronological order. -f file Uses this radlast logfile instead of the default stdout. -h Prints out usage of the command. -F -H format_string Define customized formats for output rows and the header. See FORMATS section below. -m month Reports statistics for month month where month is in the range 1-12. -y year Reports statistics for year year that is a four digits number. -x Shows extedend information (include traffic and phone CLIs) FORMATS
radlast does allow the user to have a customized output format with the `-F' command line option (see above). The program accepts and out- puts any character in a format string and parse it to find some %-prefixed one-letter tokens. Those `a la' printf tokens are substituted with corresponding entry values. Normal C substitution are performed for \, , , and \%. The list of legal % tokens follows, any oher combination is parsed and ignored. Token Value ----------------------------------------- %l Username %p Port ID %a NAS ip address %k Port type %c Client ip address %d Date in ctime format %t Online time in secs %T Online time in HH:MM:SS format %i Input traffic in bytes %I Input traffic in KBytes %o Output traffic in bytes %O Output traffic in KBytes %m Total traffic in bytes %M Total traffic in KBytes %s Input speed in bps (or UNKNOWN) %S Output speed in bps (or UNKNOWN) %A NAS called id (or UNKNOWN) %# Client calling id (or UNKNOWN) %% literal '%' FILES
/usr/logs/YEAR/radlast-XX These are the files which constitutes the radlast database. They are in binary not-indexed format and functionally equivalent to the text files `detail-XX'. The main difference is that detail files are organized on a per client base. See below. /usr/logs/NAS/YEAR/detail-XX These text files stores accounting information for every access server (NAS) listed in the clients file. Each user session is iden- tified by a unique session-id and these accounting files store start/stop records for every single authenticated session. Informa- tion stored in those records, but for a group of standard ones, strictly depend on the NAS model and operating system. BUGS
The -x option apparently is not working. SEE ALSO
builddbm(8), radiusd(8), radlist(1), radtest(1), radwatch(1), radius_attributes(5), AUTHOR
Francesco Paolo Lovergine <francesco@yardradius.org>. A complete list of contributors is contained in CREDITS file. You should get that file among other ones within your distribution and pos- sibly installed under /usr/docs directory COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997 Cristian Gafton. All rights reserved. Copyright (C) 1999-2004 Francesco Paolo Lovergine. All rights reserved. See the LICENSE file enclosed within this software for conditions of use and distribution. This is a pure ISO BSD Open Source License . 1.1 Aug 25, 2004 RADLAST(1)