Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Seraching for a specific program Post 303038324 by rdrtx1 on Friday 30th of August 2019 11:02:38 AM
Old 08-30-2019
try:
Code:
qmake --version

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 02-28-2020 at 01:52 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

HELP PLEASE ! Seraching Update CD AIX4.3.3

Hello, :( Iīm in trouble - im searching for the AIX-Update-CD LCD4-0995-14. My System is out of order and I have to reinstall it. But this CD of my AIX-Set is defective - So I canīt reinstall the Filesets for my 6203-SCSI-Controller... Has someone of you this CD and can send me an Image... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanham
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which Base Level Filesets needed by a specific program?

hello... thats a great forum btw :) my problem is that I need a list of the Base Level Filesets (BLF) which are needed by a specific program. Is there any command/tool which shows me that? during the installation I can choose "Preview only" so that I can see what BLFīs are missing etc but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher82
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking mem usage at specific times in a program

Hi all, I'm running a simulator and I'm noticing an slow increase in memory for long simulations such that the simulation has to end because of a lack of memory. A colleague of mine ran Valgrind memcheck and reported that nothing of interest was reported other than known mem leaks. My advisor... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pl4u
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help make a program in cshell that searches and prints in a specific format

say I have a file named phones in that file every line is like that lastname^firstname^phone how can I make a program in cshell that searches for a specific string in phones and echos the result (if found) like that: lastname1 firstname1 phone1 ------------------ lastname2 firstname2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: h4wk
8 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

7. AIX

how to find which program that update a specific file

Hello Would you tell me how to find which program that update a specific file? I am implementing migration project. My machines OS are AIX. It is because lack of documentation, some program cannot working properly on new machine. We found the root cause of this problem is that some data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstsang
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Last touched file by a specific program ?

i have a directory where all .csv files are available. i have 3 perl programs(ex: a.pl,b.pl,c.pl) which continuously runs every 1 minute to scan all files in that directory. now i have 2 questions 1) how can i write an app lock on that particular folder to make sure only one program will scan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to search for the files with specific format

Hi All, Your help on the below requirement is highly appreciated. I am building a program which should pick the file from a source directory and place them into target directory. While selecting the file in source it should look for some pattern in the file name. Ex: File Name 1:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath561989
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running program and output files in specific directories

I have been running a program mseed2sac using the following command cd IV find . -type f -exec /swadmin/mseed2sac '{}' \; The problem is that I end up with a lot of files in directory IV. Instead I would like to select the designator HHZ, create a directory IV.SAC and all the files output... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies
HAL-FIND-BY-CAPABILITY(1)				      General Commands Manual					 HAL-FIND-BY-CAPABILITY(1)

NAME
hal-find-by-capability - find device objects by capability matching SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-capability [options] DESCRIPTION
hal-get-capability finds device object in the HAL device database by looking at device capabilities. For more information about both the big picture and specific HAL properties, refer to the HAL spec which can be found in /usr/share/doc/packages/hal/spec/hal-spec.html depend- ing on the distribution. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --capability The name of the capability. --verbose Verbose output. --help Print out usage. --version Print the version. RETURN VALUE
If devices matching the given capability are found each UDI (Unique Device Identifier) is printed on stdout and the program exits with exit code 0. If no devices are found or an error occured, the program exits with a non-zero exit code. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution or the HAL mailing list, see http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/hal on how to subscribe. SEE ALSO
hald(8), lshal(1), hal-set-property(1), hal-get-property(1), hal-find-by-property(1), dbus-send(1) AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <david@fubar.dk> with a lot of help from many others. HAL-FIND-BY-CAPABILITY(1)