Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What is Your Favorite Editor for Linux and UNIX? | A Video in 1080 HD Post 303038030 by Swathe on Wednesday 21st of August 2019 06:33:25 PM
Old 08-21-2019
Emacs for me but also use vim quite a bit

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Post Your Favorite UNIX/Linux Related RSS Feed Links

Hello, I am planning to revise the RSS News subforum areas, here: News, Links, Events and Announcements - The UNIX Forums ... maybe with a subforum for each OS specific news, like HP-UX, Solaris, RedHat, OSX, etc. RSS subforums.... Please post your favorite OS specific RSS (RSS2) link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

UNIX VI editor equivalent of LINUX

Hi All, I am comfortable working in LINUX and need equivalents for HP-UX for below mentioned, 1. We use TAB key to expand/reveal a name in LINUX. Is there any way to make this work for UNIX, where it is double escape. 2. Also can we use make use of left,down,up,right keys instead... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

What's your favorite SSH client to connect to UNIX/Linux machines?

I am curious about the most popular ssh client on Windows environment. Talking about me, I use PuTTY most of the time coupled with WinSCP to transfer files. But, I like Tera Term too. It has great drag-drop feature where you can drag a file/folder and drop on the window and it will transfer the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
14 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

What's your all time favorite UNIX/Linux book?

I can bet everyone has their one favorite book even though we have had read many books on UNIX or Linux. My all time favorite is "Unix Power Tools". This book always made me geeky and I loved the little tricks/tips in the book. I still do! The next favorite would be "Prentice Hall Unix and Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis

Video: What is Your Favorite Linux Distro? UNIX.com and Primis https://youtu.be/doa9sA6q9Uw With so many great flavors of Linux to choose from, we asked our UNIX.com members what is their favorite Linux distro and why. Here are the results: What is your favorite Linux distro? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
UPDATE-OTAGS(8) 					  System administration commands					   UPDATE-OTAGS(8)

NAME
update-otags - update system-wide tags tables SYNOPSIS
update-otags DESCRIPTION
update-otags runs otags on the system-wide installed OCaml files (in ocamlc -where). This makes it possible to use the tag-features of vi/vim and Emacs to jump to the declarations of library functions in the system-wide installed .mli files to read the documentation that is hopefully embedded in those files. To use the system-wide tags table in Emacs, use M-x visit-tags-table <RET> /var/lib/otags/TAGS. To load it by default, customize tags-ta- ble-list to contain /var/lib/otags (by using M-x customize-variable, for instance). For vim use :set tags=/var/lib/otags/tags or add set tags=/var/lib/otags/tags to your .vimrc. One would typically update the system-wide tags tables with a cron-job once per week or day. FILES
/var/lib/otags/{TAGS,tags} System-wide tags table for Emacs and vi/vim. /usr/share/otags/hints Directory for parsing hints. Packages that install files in non-standard syntax can install a parser hints file for otags in this directory, see option -parser-hints in the otags(1) manual. BUGS
Camlp4 (and therefore otags too) cannot parse all legal OCaml sources. Most notably, camlp4 dies on pervasives.mli (see bug #5495). There- fore, none of the core library functions are tagged. Various files in the system-wide OCaml directory are written in the revised syntax or require other syntax extensions. In principle these files can all be properly tagged, but the dumb update-otags script tries to parse all files with the original syntax. CREDITS
update-otags appeared first in Debian Etch (see Debian bug #341939). It has been added to the contrib directory with an improved man page in otags 3.12.2. AUTHOR
Hendrik Tews <otags at askra.de> SEE ALSO
otags(1) OTAGS
January 2012 UPDATE-OTAGS(8)