Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7 Post 303037961 by Neo on Tuesday 20th of August 2019 01:38:00 AM
Old 08-20-2019
You can stop using yum if you are having problems and download the source, move the source to your target and build it.

Code:
https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/8.0.html

If you cannot get yum to work, then try another method.

This is how sys admins work Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

help: error in installing perl module DBD::mysql

Hi, I am trying to install perl module DBD::mysql and don't know how to resolve the following: # make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t t/00base.............ok 3/5install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during installing DBD-mysql-4.005

Hi, Iam not able to install DBD-mysql-4.005 into my Sun machine as the error comes - perl Makefile.PL --mysql_config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config I will use the following settings for compiling and testing: cflags (mysql_config ) = -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya.ece1985
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

problem installing rhel 6

I have dexx xps 14.I was installing rhel6.But the installation hanged at following step initializing hardware detection................. installion didnt go further (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Error in installing the mysql-python-1.2.3.tar.gz

Hi, I followed the step written in README. It got some error message when I type " #python setup.py build" running build running build_py copying MySQLdb/release.py -> build/lib.solaris-2.11-i86pc-2.4/MySQLdb running build_ext building '_mysql' extension /usr/lib/python2.4/pycc -DNDEBUG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlexCheung
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in installing mysql on unix server

Hi , I am trying to install mysql but getting below error $# mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) can anyone provide me this file 'mysql.sock' Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing RHEL over Windows 7 or 8

Hi, Sorry if this is an incorrect place for this question but I haven't been able to find any answers by searching the forums or on google. I am in the market for a new HP Z420 workstation and HP wants a lot more money for one with the HP Linux Installer kit vs. the exact same configuration in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhopson
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL client on RHEL

I have a statistical application running on RHEL 6.2. One of the data source is a MySQL 5.1 DB running on a WIN platform. I need to make ODBC or MySQL connection to retrieve data. What I did: I have checked yum and selected the appropriate unixOdbc and installed w/o problem. downloaded... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Installing xwindow on RHEL (offline)

I need to install xwindow on my RHEL 7.2 server which is behind a firewall and no access to internet. If I run the below code, it will not able to install, as my server dont have internet connection. yum -y install xterm* xorg* xclock xauth Do you know, where can I get the required binaries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5

Hi, I am trying to install tmux on vm allocated to me in my company . i am very new to linux. I have the root access on it. Can someone please provide the exact steps to get it installed. I tried: 1. Using yum, i get the below message. # yum install tmux Loaded plugins: security... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
6 Replies