Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming My first PERL incarnation... Audio Oscillograph Post 303037923 by Neo on Saturday 17th of August 2019 11:34:09 PM
Old 08-18-2019
Thanks for sharing, wisecracker!

My only comments is "so great to see someone enjoying their hobby and posting their thoughts and results here".

Thank you again for your many contributions to these forums, in so many ways.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio HELP Please!

I know about next to nothing, and I am trying to play an audio file on HP-UX 10.2 (743i) every time I try to use the ‘/opt/audio/bin/AudioCP &' command I get an error message that says “Unable to access audio hardware.” I checked the man page on audio, and both Aserver and rpcd are running. Am I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

playing audio

Hi all, I play audio through the web browser and it plays ok on windows. When i try the same thing on unix i get the error message "sh: /usr/local/bin/sox: not found. I've tried 'locate sox' and can't seem to find it. Is there some way I can change the browser settings so they play the audio... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molli_81
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Audio-Text in Unix

Hello all, Could anyone help to me :as to how can i record an audio file in unix and convert it into a text . Or anything with audio recording to get started would help . thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phantom308
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

5. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

An Audio Function Generator...

Ok guys, gals and geeks... As from today I am starting to learn awk in earnest doing something totally different. I am going to create a pseudo-Audio_Function Generator centred around OSX 10.11.x minimum. The code below is a tester to see what the possibilities are. All waveforms will be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
MAPIVI(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 MAPIVI(1)

NAME
MaPiVi - Picture Viewer and Organizer MaPiVi means Martin's Picture Viewer DESCRIPTION
JPEG picture viewer / image management system with meta info support written in Perl/Tk for UNIX, Mac OS X and Windows. I wrote mapivi just for me, because I needed a image viewer which is also able to display and edit meta infos of JPEG pictures, like EXIF, JPEG comments and IPTC/IIM infos. As hobby photographer I am mostly interested in the EXIF infos (like timestamp, camera model, focal length, exposure time, aperture, etc.) and the possibility to add and edit IPTC infos and JPEG comments. But I also want to rename pictures according to their internal date/time and to do lossless rotation, lossless cropping and other stuff. mapivi can be found here: http://mapivi.de.vu (link to the mapivi site) or if this won't work: http://herrmanns-stern.de (real site) http://sourceforge.net/projects/mapivi (download) I would be happy to receive some feedback (e.g. on which os mapivi works), bugfixes, patches or suggestions about mapivi. Copyright (c) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Martin Herrmann All rights reserved. Feel free to redistribute. Enjoy! USAGE
mapivi [-i ] [file|folder] to display a certain picture use: mapivi picture.jpg mapivi will generate and display all pictures in the folder as thumbnails. The given picture will be displayed in original size or zoomed to fit the window (picture frame). to view a folder containing pictures use: mapivi ~/pics/ mapivi will generate and display all pictures in the given folder as thumbnails. to start mapivi with the import wizard mapivi -i KEYS
mapivi is controlled by the following keys: see also menu Help->Keys (the list is generated from the source code and is always actual.) Space, Page-Down Show the next picture in folder BackSpace, Page-Up Show the previous picture in folder Escape Iconify MaPiVi (Boss-Key :) Cursor-up, -down, -left, -right Scroll the picture, if it's bigger than the Canvas Shift-Cursor-up, -down, -left, -right Move to the border of the picture, if it's bigger than the Canvas q Quit MaPiVi For all other key bindings, see the menu Help->Keys MOUSE
Try the right mouse button in the thumbnail picture list for a popup menu to copy, move, rename, rotate or delete pictures, to open a new folder, to add or remove comments or to exit MaPiVi. Use the buttons to add, edit or remove JPG comments, or to display all EXIF infos. If you hold the mouse over the buttons or labels a help message will pop up (or at least at most of them :). perl v5.10.0 2009-04-03 MAPIVI(1)