Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cannot extract libraries using sed Post 303037750 by sand1234 on Monday 12th of August 2019 11:32:40 PM
Old 08-13-2019
Cannot extract libraries using sed

Hi,

I am attempting to extract the /lib/ paths using sed but it does not appear to work.

Code:
./copy_chroot_lib.sh ls echo | sed s#*\(/lib\).*#\1#g
        linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007fff77df1000)
        libselinux.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libselinux.so.1 (0x00007f28190ac000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f2818ec2000)
        libpcre.so.3 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpcre.so.3 (0x00007f2818e4e000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007f2818e48000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f2819303000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f2818e27000)
        linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffca8342000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007f485dc28000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007f485de28000)

./copy_chroot_lib.sh ls echo | sed -n s#\(/lib\).*#\1#pg

Desired output

Code:
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libselinux.so.1
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help! Sed extract a pattern

I am trying to extract "securitySettings" out of line: <a ref ="http://localhost:5654/securitySettings"> using sed as follows: name = `grep "localhost" file.html | sed -n 's/.**\/\(.*)/\">/\1/p'` But it didn't run, seems have some syntax error. Do anybody knows why? Thank you very... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhen
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract characters

Hi, Please let me know how do we write a piece of code to extract characters from a line using SED. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract characters

Hi, Please let me know how do we write a piece of code to extract characters from a line using SED. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED extract XML value

I have the following string: <min-pool-size>2</min-pool-size> When I pipe the string into the following code I am expcting for it to return just the value "2", but its just reurning the whole string. Why?? sed -n '/<min-pool-size>/,/<\/min-pool-size>/p' Outputting:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArterialTool
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word using sed

Hello, I am new to sed and am trying to extract a word using sed. for example i have a line "const TotalAmount& getTotalAmount() const; " in the file test.txt I am trying to extract getTotalAmount() from the line. For this i tried cat test.txt | sed -n 's/.*get*\(\)//p But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed extract from xml

I have an xml file that generally looks like this: "<row><dnorpattern>02788920</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>\+ 44146322XXXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>40XXX</dnorpattern><description/></row><row><dnorpattern>11</dn... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garboon
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract using sed

Given a file with contents /arch/powerpc/boot/4xx.o > /arch/powerpc/boot/.4xx.o.cmd > /arch/powerpc/boot/addnote 5766a5769 > /arch/powerpc/boot/.addnote.cmd 5768a5772,5773 > /arch/powerpc/boot/bamboo.o > /arch/powerpc/boot/.bamboo.o.cmd 5769a5775,5778 > /arch/powerpc/boot/cpm-serial.o... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed data extract

Hello, I have huge number files in a directory. All files have the data. I want extract data. I want all output write to single csv file. following codes works. Thank you very much for help. sed -n '/.*Content$txtE_Zip" type="text" value="\(*\)" maxlength.*/s//\1/p' *>file1 sed -n... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract all strings

Hi, I have a text file containing 2 lines as follows: I'm trying to extract all the strings following an "AME." The output would be as follows: BUSINESS_UNIT PROJECT_ID ACTIVITY_ID RES_USER1 RESOURCE_ID_FROM ANALYSIS_TYPE BI_DISTRIB_STATUS BUSINESS_UNIT PROJECT_ID ACTIVITY_ID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a value using sed (easy)

I have this command to replace the version value from PROGRAM (for example here PROGRAM == player) by NEWVERSION sed "/^ *$PROGRAM:/{N; s/*$/ $NEWVERSION/;}" -i $PRDFILE player: version: V6R2013xD3HF5v1 player_old: version: V6R2013xD3HF5v1 partchecker: version:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcanale
2 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)