Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Secure application user.
Operating Systems Linux Secure application user. Post 303037720 by Neo on Sunday 11th of August 2019 10:04:05 AM
Old 08-11-2019
Most user passwords used my apps are cryptographic hashes of text + salt.

In order to help you properly we need the details of what you are doing and how your passwords are used, stored, transmitted and processed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

F-secure application: exporting profile

Is it possible to export your saved profiles in F-secure. I have looked in F-secure's documentation, on google, here, and other places and can't seem to figure out how to do it. It seems like such a simple task... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any reason for a user without a homedir - security/config/application?

Hi, Can I just quick pick everyone brain here about the following: There is a security audit going on at the company I work for and one of the things that needed to be resolved was that there were a lot of users who don't have a home directory. As this is a fairly large environment of over... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solarius
5 Replies

3. Linux

How to delete a user account in linux bases application.

Hi, Can anyone please guide me how can I remove/block a user from a server access. /usr/sbin/adduser -d /home/john john echo ****** | passwd --stdin john I used the above command to add a user "john". How do I delete and block john. Appreciate your responses. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

4. Linux

Launch application in gnome session of another user.

A gnome session is launched by UserA of System A, I am connected to userB of System B(or A) through PUTTY. I want to launch an application for eg: gedit through Putty in the display of system A. how can I achieve this. for eg:- root is logged in to System A, with gdm. DISPLAY=0.0, ip =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
4 Replies

5. Linux

Secure NFS mount for a single user

We have Server 1 - mounts an NFS share from another server to a users directory. Server 2 - has NFS share and the share only allows access from Server 1. How can we make sure no other users on Server 1 can access the NFS mount? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adrnalnrsh
5 Replies

6. Programming

Questions about user authentication in my application

Hi, all, I am a newbie to linux authentication part. Questions below really puzzle me: How to authenticate users from local storage(passwd shadow) and nis server? (Without PAM) getpwnam_r() will return a '*' in the pw_passwd field of "struct passwd". I can parse /etc/shadow. But how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mythmgn
1 Replies

7. Solaris

New user: lost application manager

Dear all, I am a beginner with Solaris. I unfortunately remove the Application Manager from the Front Panel, and I really don't know how to put it again, or from where launch it... Could anyone help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avr
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping to user application sometimes fail

Hi, currently, I have a problem in a stress test bash script. i´m using the following command: while true; do echo $"command" | ./myprogram; sleep 0.4; done --> myprogram is watching for stdin via select The problem is that it will work a couple of times. After that, the stdin fd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bertl100
3 Replies
asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)

NAME
jms-ping - checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running SYNOPSIS
jms-ping --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=false] Checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using jms-ping asadmin> jms-ping --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 JMS Ping Status=RUNNING EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-delete-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-list-jmsdest(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)