Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to update Solaris 10 Update 3 to Update 11? Post 303037597 by Neo on Wednesday 7th of August 2019 09:55:31 AM
Old 08-07-2019
It's probably best to (1) unmount all filesystems which are not going to receive any upgraded bits and (2) take full back-ups of all filesystems (as hicksd8 mentioned) effected by the upgrade before upgrading.

Then, when the upgrade is done, you can remount all your "extra" filesystems.
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How update Solaris ?

I have Solaris 10 01/06 version on my server, but i wanna update her from my DVD-Disc to 08/07. How i can do it ? I has try boot from disc, but don't find Upgrade function =( Please help me anyone! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
1 Replies

2. Solaris

update openshh on solaris 10

Hi All, I've downloaded and extracted openssh4.1 on solaris 10. When I run the install-sh, it replied with "./install-sh: no input file specified". The file is executable and been move to owner root or the rest of the files. Why is that? Please help. Thanks in advance, itik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Update Solaris from 8 to 10

Hi all, i am facing a problem. i cant update the 8 to 10. It show me the error cannot mount the root, swap, and other filesystem. when i run # format in the normal situation, it give me the below result # format 0. c1t0d0 <SUN146G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 848> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Update 2 to 7

I need to get from Solaris 10 update 2 to update 7, whats the quickest way just apply kernel patch or live upgrade? If it is just kernel patching can i go straight from update 2 to 7 or do I have to apply each revision level patch i.e. go from update 2 to 3 to 4 etc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_crosby
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Install update 6 on solaris with update 3

I want to update my solaris 10 server which is currently on update 3 stage. A new application require it to be on update 6. What is the best way to make it update 6. should i just install the patch or should i go for the liveupgrade?? thanks for you help in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Is it possible to "upgrade" Sol10 update 9 to update 10?

Is it possible to "upgrade" Sol10 update 9 to update 10 by booting from the DVD? I had never even tried this until a user asked me to do it, so i tried and it just hung there after the part where it reads the rules.ok file. Is this even possible to upgrade? or does it have to be a new install. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
5 Replies

7. Programming

MYSQL - trigger update on record insert or update

Right I have a MYSQL database with table1 with 3 columns, colA, colB and colC. I want to combine the data in the 3 columns into a 4th column names col_comb. Here's the SQL command that works: UPDATE table1 SET `col_comb` = CONCAT( `colA` , ' - ', `colB` , ', ', `colC` ); So now I want this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

RedHat 5 update 9 BASH update issue

Hi i want to update the BASH because of the "shell shock" vulnerability. my RedHat 5 is clean install with the default mirror site. when im running the command: yum update bash im getting a message saying there is no update. you can see in the attach picture... what am i doing wrong? is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 to 11.1 update help

If anyone has any solid documents on updating Solaris 11.0 to 11.1 please share. I have been spinning my wheels for day now. I got past running the pre-update step. Rebooted the system and trying to continue with update to 11.1 using IPS repo and keeps failing with message that it can't reach... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fly3rs
5 Replies
filesystem(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					     filesystem(7)

NAME
filesystem - event signalling that filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
filesystem [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The filesystem event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all filesystems listed in fstab(5). mountall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once filesystems are mounted might use: start on filesystem SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) mountall 2009-12-21 filesystem(7)