Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Assign value to variable
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Assign value to variable Post 303037519 by RudiC on Sunday 4th of August 2019 02:55:09 AM
Old 08-04-2019
Are those multiple values identical, i.e. always e.g. Rows:131554? If not, which one to select? If identical, and your shell (which alas you fail to mention) is (a recent) bash, try
Code:
read X count X < <(hive --orcfiledump /hdfs_path/ | grep -i rows | sort -u)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assign to variable

why i can't use this command: echo $arg | cut -c 1,2 | read remainArg or echo $arg | cut -c 1,2 | read $remainArg so that the result will be assign to remainArg. Anyway to do this? :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a value to variable

I have to assign a result of a query to a vairable like this how can i do this Query = select count(*) from table x=`db2 ${Query}| sed -n '4p'` but this doesn't work, is there any other way to assign the result without redirecting the result to temp file. . Thanks Mark. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjason
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a value to a variable

I have a list of names in a file. i want to assign those names to a variable in such a manner eg: $cat file.txt pete lisa john var=pete-lisa-john how do i do this in shell scripting? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to assign a value to variable

Hi Experts, I am facing some problem while developing the script.My input config.csv file contains the three columns namely pathname,filename,filetype.Based on the file type i have to use ftp command that is if filetype=csv then do ftp. The input file is cat config.csv... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign this to a variable....

bash-3.00$ /usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet | awk -F' ' '{if ($1$4 == "tcp*.21")print $5}' *.* bash-3.00$ A=` /usr/bin/netstat -an -f inet | awk -F' ' '{if ($1$4 == "tcp*.21")print $5}'` bash-3.00$ echo $A db2_lastdone.bkp As you can see ,after running command i get *.* in return but the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

Dear All, we have a command output which looks like : Total 200 queues in 30000 Kbytes and we're going to get "200" and "30000" for further process. currently, i'm using : numA=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $2}' numB=echo $OUTPUT | awk '{print $5}' my question is : can I use just one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell assign variable to another variable

How can I assign a variable to an variable. IE $car=honda One way I can do it is export $car=honda or let $car=2323 Is there any other ways to preform this task (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign a variable with awk

I launch 'netstat -a', if string 'ESTABLISHED' found, then VAR=1 #!/bin/bash VAR=0; netstat -a | awk '$6 ~ /ESTABLISHED/ {VAR=1}' I cannot find the right syntax. thanx guys! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpagon
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to pass variable in a command and assign value to a variable

Hello All, Hope you're doing well ! I am trying below command to be passed in a shell script, header_date_14 is a variable and $1 is the name of a file I intend to pass as a command line argument, however command line argument is not being accepted. header_date_14=$(m_dump... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can I assign awk's variable to shell script's variable?

I have the following script, and I want to assign the output ($10 and $5) from awk to N and L: grdinfo data.grd | awk '{print $10,$5}'| read N L output from gridinfo data.grd is: data.grd 50 100 41 82 -2796 6944 0.016 0.016 3001 2461. where N and L is suppose to be 3001 and 100. I use... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
8 Replies
fgetpos64(3S)															     fgetpos64(3S)

NAME
fgetpos64(), fopen64(), freopen64(), fseeko64(), fsetpos64(), fstatvfsdev64(), ftello64(), ftw64(), nftw64(), statvfsdev64(), tmpfile64() - non-POSIX standard API interfaces to support large files. SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
New API's to support large files. These API interfaces are not a part of the POSIX standard and may be removed in the future. The function is identical to except that returns the position in a instead of a All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to in 64-bit compile environment. The function returns a pointer to a FILE which can be used to grow the file past 2 GB if desired. All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to The function is identical to in 64-bit compile environment. The function returns a pointer to a FILE which can be used to grow the file past 2 GB if desired. All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical to The function is identical to except that accepts an for the size parameter instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that accepts an for the pos parameter instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that accepts a for the second parameter instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that returns the file position in an instead of an All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that it that it utilizes a as the second parameter to the function whose pointer is passed to All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that it that it utilizes a as the second parameter to the function whose pointer is passed to All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to except that accepts a for the second parameter instead of All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. The function is identical to in the 64-bit compile environment. Both interfaces create a temporary file that is capable of growing beyond 2GB's if desired. All other functional behaviors, returns, and errors are identical. SEE ALSO
thread_safety(5). fgetpos64(3S)