Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users awk trouble inside another command Post 303037518 by RudiC on Sunday 4th of August 2019 02:36:19 AM
Old 08-04-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokedude
...I like to do this and add the field separator.
Would
Code:
 ... | awk -F\: '{print $2}')"

work? Mayhap with a double \\.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Trouble formatting egrep command with AWK

Hi, I'm new to scripting and AIX. I'm running the following: lspv | awk '{ print "lspv",$1" | egrep 'PP\|PHYSICAL'; lspv -l",$1 }' Which creates this command: lspv hdisk0 | egrep PP|PHYSICAL; lspv -l hdisk0 lspv hdisk1 | egrep PP|PHYSICAL; lspv -l hdisk1 Troube is, I need the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruiser
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running command inside awk

Hi, I have a awk script to read a CSV file. After reading the values i want to call a executable (nameely call_it) with the values what i read from the scv file. I dont want to use system command inside the awk. Is there any other way to run the executable from the awk script Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raghuram.P
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use same variable value inside as well as outside of the awk command?

Hi Jim, The following script is in working state. But i m having one more problem with awk cmd. Could you tell me how to use any variable inside awk or how to take any variable value outside awk. My problem is i want to maintain one property file in which i am declaring variable value into that... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Khandare
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with passing Variable from bash to awk gsub command

Would really appreciate it if someone could point out my mistake in this line of code, i've been staring blankly at it trying everything i can think of some time now and coming up with nothing. #!/bin/bash echo "Enter Username" read Username awk -F: -v var=${Username} '/^var:/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostyx
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in using date command inside awk

Hi All, bash-3.2$ autorep -J BOX_NAME% -l0 | grep BOX_NAME| awk -f awkScript.awk sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file BOX_NAME SU 06/21/2013 03:44:03 06/21/2013 07:46:37 0 #My awkfile { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddspark
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command inside awk

Hi, I would like to use grep command inside awk. Here is my requirement below : file.txt col1 col2 col3 col 4 col 5 wrxwrx 124 jun 3 Sensex.EMEA wrxwrx 120 jun 4 Emex.US wrxwrx 130 feb 3 passion.AUS wrxwrx 145 feb 9 lession.AUS wrxwrx 130 feb 5 pass.US wrxwrx 130 feb 8... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command in inside awk statement

Hello can you please help me with below script which is meant to delete clients from multiple netbackup policies I want to run a command insdie awk statement apparelnlty this script is not working for me for i in $( cat clients_list) do bppllist -byclient $i | awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with awk command

Hi, I need to read a string with ; separated using loop one filed by one field and perform some operation. Can you please check and let me know how to print command parameterised. key=phani;ravi;kiran number_of_keys=`echo $key|awk '{print NF}' FS=';'` for (( i = 1; i <= $number_of_keys;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble using awk command

Hi, I have 2 .txt pads containing data. I need a script which reads content of one .txt file, performs some operations and calculates a number which is stored in a variable. Now , all the content of another .txt pad should be appended to first .txt pad at pre calculated nth line number. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)